“You'll Return to This One!”
Review of Nuova Italia

Nuova Italia
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Addison
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Nuova Italia is can be reached comfortably. By the name you can tell that it serves Italian food and what great food that is. The service is great, the restaurant is clean and neat. Since we went there on business, they served us in a group but each dish was served individually. First pasta with absolutely great red sauce - fresh and it really sticks to the noodles. Then there was chicken with a unbelievable sauce. Of course the salad was fresh (nothing wilted) and desert was vanilla ice cream but I think it was creamier than normal. What a fresh, likable find. Yep, I'll be back - and soon!!

1  Thank Frances M

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is our favorite restaurant to dine at. The atmosphere is always comfortable and inviting. The service is always great with the waiter always adding tid-bits about the meals and specials. Everything is made fresh and made to order. The food is always amazing. The portions are large, with more than enough food and a take home box usually necessary. Overall this is the best italian food around.

1  Thank 738EB
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I'm Italian and I (hopefully...) know how Italian food has to be and I can assure you all that here you can find the real taste of Italy. Here you will have the same flavors that you can find in any restaurant in Italy. I just moved in USA with my family and we all agree (my wife and our kids) that we have found a place where to go from time to time when we want to "smell" a piece of Italy. The Bolognese sauce is the real one, like it should be when you order it, the pizza is great (for my taste, maybe the quantity of cheese is a bit too much but this is my taste and you can always ask to add more or less cheese basing on your preferences). Even the Risotto is really perfect and the owner is nice and friendly. If you're looking for a real Italian restaurant, this is the place for you (and I'm not a friend or a relative of the owner :-) )
P.S. The price is absolutely competitive, especially if you consider the quality of the food and do not forget the wine list, great and affordable

1  Thank Guido1971
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Not always one to go to the same restaurant too often or refer because sometimes things aren't as good as they were.. Actually the next trip was better since I was able to talk more with the owner and discuss his background. Appears the partners used to work together and both have extensive backgrounds in food and wine. The knowledgeable combination resulted in my stopping before the holidays to a full parking lot and a very busy owner. Received a holiday drink and an excellent lunch-which I did not know they had. Assumed only dinner and the lunch was way more than I am used to eating so I brought home a carryout bag for the office the next day. Have been back for dinner since and very pleased with the scratch cooking.

2  Thank tommyl024
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This is for the Addison location - not the St. Charles. Went with a girlfriend for girls night dinner. Excellent service to detail, food was PERFECT. I wanted an appitizer of clams and they were willing to make a half order for me. Best ever! Wine selection was great. Quiet atmosphere but go early for that as they were completely full by the time we left. Wanted a veal dish not on the menu but seen as a special and the chef was willing and able to prepare it - Excellent! My friend had Gnochli that melted in your mouth - definitely home-made. The vodka sause was perfect.
Service had every attention to detail. Highly recommend. However - be warned - this is for the Addision location, we have not had the same experience at the St. Charles location.