“Shuttle Scam - Don't GO!”

Howard Johnson Addison O'Hare Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Howard Johnson Addison is not close to the Airport despite the name. The shuttle trip takes almost half and hour, they charge $30 US for a return trip and refuse to provide a receipt. This was the WORST service experienced anywhere in the world! The check in process also took half an hour and that was once I stepped up to the counter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were assigned to use a voucher to go to this hotel after a flight was cancelled. I am so annoyed with British Airways for sending us there that we won't fly them again. There was a large group of us, who waited late at night for an hour to be picked up in a basic old van. When we complained that we were waiting for so long, the driver said "then why don't you move it and get on!" He didn't seem to realize that we were waiting to make sure that the woman in the wheelchair and other elderly people could get in. We didn't all fit. We waited another 20 minutes for another van. Then we were driven about 20 minutes to a really worn 1980's hotel in the middle of nowhere. At arrival, we were stunned to see the first group still trying to check in, with confused and nasty hotel workers that seemed to only care that the vouchers would make sure that they got paid. After another 40 minutes we had a room. It was down a long hallway that had many strange and really unpleasant smells. The doors and walls were beat up. Our bathroom door wouldn't even close. OUr air conditioner was sort of held together with some kind of plastic bag. The "continental breakfast" was too sad to even be angry about. The poor kids that had to eat what few cereals, gallon of milk, small container of orange juice... Oh, there was also coffee that ran out, some white bread, a few basic bagels, small donuts and prepackaged things. No toaster... but lots of styrofoam cups and bowls! This place should be shut down. It is just a money-maker for some slimeball. If you stay there, expect problems, and expect the manager to not care.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Sticky bathroom floor, dirty shower, no towels, beds improperly made and wrinkled like they'd been sat or laid on, used and dirty coffee maker, boogers on the walls, unvacuumed carpet, cobwebs in lobby, rude manager, warm milk for cereal, screws sticking out of walls from outside, food crumbs on the broken ac unit. Formal complaint made to Howard Johnson Corporate Office with photos. The halls stink of miidew...

Room Tip: Do NOT book a room at HoJo Addison
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I only stayed here because American Airlines cancelled my flight and this is where they put me up. Shuttle was scariest ride! Ac sucked! When in shower happened to look up at vent had thickest layer of filth and dust. Made me sick!!! Hallways smelled. Run down dump.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

After having my flight canceled from Wednesday until Friday morning I needed a place to stay. This was the only hotel with availability. I arrived at 3:30 Thursday Morning it took the front desk an hour to check me in and made me pay for two nights. I got into my room, which was very hot but I was afraid to turn on the AC because it was just sitting on the floor duck taped together. When I woke up I went in to take a shower and not only was the wall and ceiling covered in black mold the water did not work. At this point I had to catch an 8:30 flight. I went to the front desk after bathing in the sink, had to wait 20 minutes for someone to talk too. The phones were ringing off the hook and there was a line but no one to speak to. When someone finally came I told them how unhappy I was with the room and there staff and about the water not working in the shower. They told me there was nothing they could do because I booked it online. If you can avoid it do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

i was disapointed with the room i stayed in a large section of the carpet was wet i assume management was not aware of this because they did not metion it to me during the check in process

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After a cancelled flight at O'Hare, I booked a room at this hotel through Hotels.com because it had O'Hare Airport in its name and there were no other choices near the airport. This hotel was a $60 taxi ride from the airport and should not have O'Hare in its name. The front desk had a courteous person but there was a 1 hour line at the front desk. The rooms smell and are worn out. Luckily the bed and bathroom were clean due to the housekeeping staff. Everything else in the room was worn out, outdated and sad looking. Even the furniture and fixtures in the lobby that I had to stare at for an hour while on line are worn out. The Howard Johnson brand should be embarrassed to have this hotel in their franchise. The owners need to be given an ultimatum of refurbish it or lose the franchise name. I was forced to stay due to a cancelled flight, but this is the worst hotel for me in the last 10 years.. The only positive I can say is that the front desk workers did their best in spite of what their management provided for them to work with. They stayed courteous throughout.

Room Tip: Pick anothter hotel unless like me you have no other choices as a result of a cancelled flight.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Courtyard Chicago Wood Dale/Itasca

Been to Howard Johnson Addison O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!