“Tired, needed a bed.”

Howard Johnson Addison O'Hare Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Addison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Do yourself a favor and just sleep in your car, you're way better off. Aside from the nice girl at the front desk when I checked in there is nothing pleasant about this hotel.

Walked into my room to find a cup that looked like it had coffee drank out of it, no shampoo or soap, half the towels were folded the rest were just kind of thrown together. Especially don't use the toilet paper...ow

All of the managers and or staff at the front desk other than the women were unbelievably rude.

I had a package delivered here the day I was to arrive(a 30lb box of catalogs, I'm a salesman) when I showed up no one had any idea of where it was. I know it was delivered because it was signed for by a worker. Thank you UPS. I asked a manager the next morning and all he said was too bad it's not here...

This whole place needs a renovation from the building to the staff.

• Stayed July 2014
Henderson,Ky.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was part of a tour group from the Evansville,Ind area attending a cubs game. Arrived at the hotel around 10:00 pm after a very long and tiring day.The gentleman who organized the trip approached the desk expecting to have keys for 16 rooms only to find out that not 1 or 2 but 3 faxes had been lost so the check-in nightmare begins.The bus driver was to get the first room because he is required 8 hours rest. Getting his key he goes to the room to find out there is no air conditioning,gets a key to a second room goes there to find dirty towels and an unmade bed.Gets a key to a third room and calls it a night.Around 10:45 I receive my room key and precede to my room,open the door take a step in only to find someone is already there,this was a very scary and upsetting finding.Go the back down to the desk lay my key down and asked the lady at the desk what was going on,expecting an apology and another room I was in for a huge shock.Evidently my voice was louder than it shoulda been because the next thing I know she threating to call the police on me, no there were no cuss words or foul language used.I told her to please go right ahead and call them.I was then told that I needed to go to the back of the line because others were in front of me.I go sit down to try and cool off but low and behold the ladies boyfriend then approaches me to protect her honor.I stated that it might be a good ideal if he went away,he was polite about it and did.In the mean time others in the party are going to their rooms and returning in mass numbers because of assorted problems.At 12:10 am the organizer of the group is last to get his room and walks by us still sitting in the lobby and asks whats going on,I stated we had yet to get a room.We all go back to the desk at which time the clerk tells me she gave me a room as soon as i complained,I asked her why would I still be sitting in the lobby 90 minutes later if I had a room.She became angry and tells us we have all the rooms we paid for and if I wanted a room I would have to pay of which I already had.To get a room for us the tour organizer had to pay for another room when he had paid for all 16 in advance.Around 12:25 AM we get a key and head to another room,thats right folks 2 hours and 30 minutes.We traveled to many different countries and cities and never in my wildest dreams could I imagine getting treated like this.Because it carries the Howard Johnson name I will ever consider staying at another Howard Johnson anywhere.On a lighter note in closing we found no problems with our room but we were to exhausted to look at anything but the bed.
Larry Stollings
Henderson,Ky.
lrunrun1956@aol.com

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2014

There were lots of us refugees from O'Hare - I felt for the staff - they were trying to be accommodating at 1:00 in the morning but they had little to work with. The hotel is run-down; tired; and very mildewy. Very noisy air conditioner. I will say someone on the cleaning staff had done a nice job in my room - but I really can't say anyone should stay here....

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Don't stay here ever, given voucher by BA after flight cancellation, following a 30 min wait to get collected the driver appeared in a really old van and told me there are no rooms available at the hotel so don't know why you are getting in!! Got to hotel and when I showed my voucher to receptionist he actually swore at me- why the f..... hell are you giving me the voucher, eventually got a room, worst ever, sticky floor, loud AC, awful bed and unclean room. Couldn't wait to get out of this place, breakfast was pathetic. Never ever again

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Howard Johnson Addison is not close to the Airport despite the name. The shuttle trip takes almost half and hour, they charge $30 US for a return trip and refuse to provide a receipt. This was the WORST service experienced anywhere in the world! The check in process also took half an hour and that was once I stepped up to the counter.

Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were assigned to use a voucher to go to this hotel after a flight was cancelled. I am so annoyed with British Airways for sending us there that we won't fly them again. There was a large group of us, who waited late at night for an hour to be picked up in a basic old van. When we complained that we were waiting for so long, the driver said "then why don't you move it and get on!" He didn't seem to realize that we were waiting to make sure that the woman in the wheelchair and other elderly people could get in. We didn't all fit. We waited another 20 minutes for another van. Then we were driven about 20 minutes to a really worn 1980's hotel in the middle of nowhere. At arrival, we were stunned to see the first group still trying to check in, with confused and nasty hotel workers that seemed to only care that the vouchers would make sure that they got paid. After another 40 minutes we had a room. It was down a long hallway that had many strange and really unpleasant smells. The doors and walls were beat up. Our bathroom door wouldn't even close. OUr air conditioner was sort of held together with some kind of plastic bag. The "continental breakfast" was too sad to even be angry about. The poor kids that had to eat what few cereals, gallon of milk, small container of orange juice... Oh, there was also coffee that ran out, some white bread, a few basic bagels, small donuts and prepackaged things. No toaster... but lots of styrofoam cups and bowls! This place should be shut down. It is just a money-maker for some slimeball. If you stay there, expect problems, and expect the manager to not care.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area

Been to Howard Johnson Addison O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!