Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Algonquin
Portland, Maine
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I travel for work so say in a lot of hotels but this trip was with my dad. We arrived after 10pm and the front desk staff was away. She walked thru the hallway and appologized and said she be right their. It took another few minutes but she again said she was sorry. I was ok as I know hotel front desks often have only one person on the desk at night and sometimes they get pulled away to help another guest but Im sure my dad was tired. She quickly did the paperwork and gave me keys. The room was very clean, floor, bathroom, air vents, everything. The sheet and bed were very comfortable and the room quiet. In the morning breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express and fully stocked, clean, ready on time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Always great to hear from one with an understanding perspective! Thank you for that, the kind words and your scores. We take pride in what we do and work hard at it. Have a good weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Okemos, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Used point for a one night stay, in town for a graduation party, but this was a very nice hotel. I only had two minor issues with the hotel, the beds could use to be upgraded, the springs were not good on our bed, we kept rolling toward the middle, and second, the service in the breakfast area was slow and there were only a couple people in there other than ourselves. We waited 10-15 min before more cinnamon rolls were brought out - those being a big reason my family likes to stay at Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for your review of our property. I was happy to see the overall good 'marks', as well as your comments. Our mattresses were upgraded in mid-2011, but we'll look into it of course. We cannot get better without guests like you letting us know. Your taking the time to fill this out is very much appreciated.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attended a friends wedding during memorial day weekend. The hotel staff was extra welcoming. They offer a complimentary breakfast with a good selection of food and juices. The heated indoor pool was a big plus. On the downside the fitness center is super tiny with 2 or 3 cardio machines, but they do offer a complimentary pass to a near by gym "Life Fitness" in my opinion this gym has been one of the best that I have worked out at.

• Stayed May 2013
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We enjoy getting great reviews. We love even more that you liked us so much! Thank you for the kind words. Our staff and amenities make us what we are! The agreement we have with LifeTime Fitness is awesome as well. Thanks again for choosing us and come back to see us soon!
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been staying here for several weeks Monday through Friday. The hotel is clean, well maintained and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable during your stay. The location is close to everything you could need. Plenty of Resturant options and shopping if you forget something. Many places you can easily walk to. If your a Starbucks junky you won't even need to get on the main road. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Suite, they are nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We appreciate the time you took to notice what we offer and wrote about it! Thank you so much. My staff works hard to provide the best for our guests as if they were family. Looking forward to sharing this review with them and of course, having you back to stay with us.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel numerous times while in town for sports and it has consistently been great. The front desk service is helpful and accomodating. The rooms are extremely clean, modern and noise has never been an issue. The bathrooms are spacious and have good counter space. An added plus is the breakfast in the morning - my son especially loves the pancake machine. We will stay at this hotel again!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
We appreciate the raving review! We are here for our guests and so elated we came through for you once again. Thank you for taking the time to write about us as well; it means a lot. Have a good week and we'll see you again real soon.
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here January 2013. I had a promotional coupon for a room and bowling at a nearby bowling alley. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk greeted us. She was helping another customer. I noticed how nice she was to the people she was helping and I wondered if she would do the same to my party. Wow! She was fantastic. She described our room and asked if it would be ok. She offered a toy to each of the kids in my party. She gave suggestions on the various places we could go. Our room was fantastic. We had two queen beds, a sofa couch, microwave, sink, fridge, and two t.v.'s. I am not sure why another reviewer said that this hotel doesn't give out goody bags. I received a goody bad with water and chocolates. I also received a 1000 point bonus for watching a video. I was surprised to get the opportunity to get any points because I was using a promotional coupon. The hotel has a pool, whirlpool and small gym room. There is a bathroom in the pool area. The whirlpool was broken but the lady at the front desk offered a coupon to use services at a gym close by. The kids went swimming and had a ball. The rooms were clean. The free breakfast was ok. I have had better. I wish they had waffles. I didn't care for the made to order pancakes. I could tell they used water instead of milk to make the batter. They had cheese eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, tea, coffer, bagels, and more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Thank you for your raving review! I know the desk associate of which you are speaking and she is the best! Thanks for mentioning her and I cannot wait to share your review with her. We strive to be the best each and everyday. Thanks again and we hope to see you back real soon!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stay at this hotel every year for an annual business trip. The rooms are nice, clean, modern and very comfortable. They greet you with a smile and are very accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thanks for a 'solid' review. We try hard and love to hear the good stuff. Thank you and come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algonquin
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
Comfort Suites Elgin
Hampton Inn - McHenry
Hampton Inn - McHenry
#1 of 2 in McHenry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin? Share your experiences!