“Updated Rooms & Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Algonquin
Pekin, Illinois
“Updated Rooms & Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are updated and very comfortable. No odd smells or loud people. The gentlemen at the front desk was very good and accommodating. He reviewed everything and even asked if I had a floor preference. When I left for dinner and came back he acknowledge me each time. I would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Thanks for the review. We pride ourselves on great service and recognition of our guests. Looking forward to having you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice and updated Holiday Inn; friendly service with a nice room. Good location in Algonquin and one of the nicest HIs I have stayed in, but still a Holiday Inn, so that's why I'm only at four stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
We are loved for our cleanliness and service. We appreciate the time taken to review us!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very Clean, up to date rooms--had exhaust in bathroom, not found in most hotels/motels, which I appreciate for steam after a shower.Friendly front desk; noisy crowd most of night next to one of our rooms. We did not report to front desk, but should have. Very nice breakfast with accommodating help staffing the area.Nice pool area.

Room Tip: I reserved three rooms -mine was handicapped because I prefer a tub to shower. Make sure to make yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We appreciate your review and tips. Always let us know of any issue while you are staying with us. We want you as comfortable as possible! Thanks again.
Wayne, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed at three different hotels in Chicagoland before this one. My friend and I decided to stay a bit further outside of the city than usual and found the HI Express in Algonquin. Before arriving at the hotel, I received a call from them staying that since I am a Priority Club Gold member, I could upgrade my room to a suite with king bed and sleeper sofa for no charge. I accepted this, knowing how much more pricey these rooms are. Lately I have been getting nice upgrades, and this is no exception. A few hours later, we arrived at the hotel. It's very nice and remodeled, one of the nicest HI Expresses I have ever been to. Checkin was by the same person who called (forgot his name! Sorry!) went smoothly- very nice and helpful guy.

Room is beautiful- you could tell it was newer and remodeled. It even had nice wooden arches between the sofa and bed. Not functional, but just there for decoration, very nice. Two TVs are there with DIRECTV. Not just a selection of channels, but the whole basic package, plus HBO. Didn't watch much, but it was a nice feature. Bathroom is decent size, bed was comfy, fridge was nice to keep beverages in.

Breakfast is very diverse and filling, with some healthier and gluten free options thrown in. I believe this is the first HI Express I have seen gluten free available. Nice seating area too.

Spa is very nice, pool is good though a bit small and shallow with the deep end around 4 1/2 feet. Didn't use it much so no big deal. Exercise room is in there too with a treadmill and two machines. Typical of an HI Express.

Business center is in the lobby tucked in a corner. The newer hotels seem to have shrunk the size of this.

All of the staff was very friendly. While I stay at different hotels each visit, I may change my mind after this stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
So glad to hear of your great stay with us. I do have a great staff and we take pleasure in upgrading our Best IHG Rewards Club members. They travel alot and deserve it and you were no exception! I am anxious to share this with the staff. Thank you again for your time in reviewing us.
Crystal Lake
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am staying here right now, It really smells bad in the rooms, like someone put cologne on mold, the bed is ok but the smell is horrid, my nephew is in a suite on the 3rd floor and that room smells like smoke although it says no smoking in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Our apologies for the smell in your room. As soon as you spoke to me about this, we dealt with it. While housekeeping couldn't smell anything, the room was given extra care during your housekeeping service. A face-to-face follow-up with you was done in the early afternoon and you said you were quite happy with the outcome and service you received. Having said this, these comments did catch me off guard. I do wish you let me know about the smell of smoke in your other room, located on a different floor. You are right, we are a non-smoking hotel and would have investigated quickly. This hotel prides themselves on excellence, cleanliness and making all our guests feel comfortable.
Pigeon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We had a wedding to go to and we had plenty of room for the 5 of us!! Great breakfast the two mornings we were here. Pool and hot tub were nice and we used the fitness room. It wasn't loud or too full to feel uncomfortable or cramped. Good location! Close to shopping and food! Nice place!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the compliments. Our rooms are spacious and the location is great. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've spent a copule of nights there for business and it was a good choice: conveniently located nearby business areas as well as to restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly and efficent, the room was large, clean and comfortable. I have appreciated also the free happy hour in the evening. Overall a very good value for the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIEX-GMalgonquin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Great to hear of your satisfaction with our hotel. Thank you for taking the to review us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Algonquin
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
#3 of 4 in Crystal Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago
Comfort Suites Elgin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Algonquin? Share your experiences!