“Chicago style dogs at great prices”
Review of DownTown Dogs

DownTown Dogs
Ranked #44 of 117 Restaurants in Algonquin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great dogs in a small local place in a historic building. I recommend the Chicago style dogs and be sure to ask for the fresh cut fries.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We love this restaurant. The 2 hot dog special and the cheap gyros on Sunday are all tasty. Every person in my family has their favorite burger or sandwich and they are consistently good. Every kid under 12 gets a free ice cream cone and you can't beat that. I do miss their fresh cust fries but we love all the food.

There is very little seating inside so we usually take our food to go. Park in the lot behind the building so you don't have to mess with finding messy street-side parallel parking and traffic.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

On one of my most recent visits, I was diapointed to learn that they were no longer serving fresh cut fries. There is nothing better than a dog served with fresh cut fries. Please bring them back!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

2 hot dogs on steamed poppy seed buns, slathered with mustard, then topped with relish, sport peppers, pickles, tomatoes, cucumbers, and celery salt - authentic Chicago style. Served with a big basket of shoe string french fries and a root beer.

For $4 dollars?! Incredible. Double that price and I'd still be satisfied.

I would return for the value alone. The kicker, though: those were 2 of the best hot dogs I've ever eaten.

Next time I'm in Algonquin, I'll be dropping in. I suggest you do too.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

i love the fact that on sundays they have really great deals! 2.50 gyros...cant beat that!!! great food w great value!