“What a great surprise!”

Ranked #25 of 112 Restaurants in Algonquin
Lebanon, Missouri
“What a great surprise!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

DownTown Dogs makes the best gyros and hotdogs around, in my opinion. No fancy frills, but they run specials various nights of the week that make a meal cheaper than you can make at home, so that it is a local favorite.

Visited January 2014

Algonquin, Illinois
“Chicago style dogs at great prices”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great dogs in a small local place in a historic building. I recommend the Chicago style dogs and be sure to ask for the fresh cut fries.

Visited June 2014
“YUM!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We love this restaurant. The 2 hot dog special and the cheap gyros on Sunday are all tasty. Every person in my family has their favorite burger or sandwich and they are consistently good. Every kid under 12 gets a free ice cream cone and you can't beat that. I do miss their fresh cust fries but we love all the food.

There is very little seating inside so we usually take our food to go. Park in the lot behind the building so you don't have to mess with finding messy street-side parallel parking and traffic.

Visited June 2014
Algonquin, Illinois
“Great Dogs but Bring Back the fresh Cut Fries!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

On one of my most recent visits, I was diapointed to learn that they were no longer serving fresh cut fries. There is nothing better than a dog served with fresh cut fries. Please bring them back!

• Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida, United States
“Excellent Hot Dogs. Unbelievable Value.”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

2 hot dogs on steamed poppy seed buns, slathered with mustard, then topped with relish, sport peppers, pickles, tomatoes, cucumbers, and celery salt - authentic Chicago style. Served with a big basket of shoe string french fries and a root beer.

For $4 dollars?! Incredible. Double that price and I'd still be satisfied.

I would return for the value alone. The kicker, though: those were 2 of the best hot dogs I've ever eaten.

Next time I'm in Algonquin, I'll be dropping in. I suggest you do too.

• Visited November 2013