“What a disappointment”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alsip
New York
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

The furniture was old and dirty looking. The chair in the room had holes in it. The rug was filthy looking with stains and torn in spots. The ice machine was broken you had to remove a cover on the top of the machine and reach in and scoop out the ice. They seemed to run out of breckfast by Sunday morning. I guess compared to the Hotel next door which we attended a wedding at its a value. The employees were friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank T B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Star, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. I am so thankful it was only for one night or we would have found some place else to stay. The carpets were flithy, I did not want my children to even walk around the room w/o shoes. It was very difficult to stay here with a preschooler and a toddler who puts everything in his mouth! Our bed did not have a fitted sheet, the quilt on top had cigarette burns on it and the side material on the box spring was coming off, so my son would stick his hand inside it. The carpet right outside of the bathroom was wet and the whole room just smelled bad. I would never choose this hotel again! The breakfast was nothing special.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Alsip hotels

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Everything was good - room was clean, breakfast good. Room cleant everyday. The only thing not good was there was no ice, ice machine was broken & reception didn't have any. No complains. Parking excellent.
Don't listen to what others have to say, go see for yourself sometimes. We had a good trip & the hotel was good. - no complains, was frightened at first when I saw the reviews but when I went there no problem. Close to the hwy & close to shopping & eating places.

Room Tip: All in all good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lorraineval
Milwaukee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

It was all good room was clean but the ice machine didn't work was kinda of upset. The only problem that night was a very noisey group who were drunk from a wedding and police were called 3 times and nothing changed shoulda complained more didn't get any sleep that night should get a free night stay

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank mickey198030
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

And when I say one of the worst ever, bear in mind I mean for the price I paid ($50 per night) the brand (Days Inn) and what I thought I was getting. I needed 3 keys to finally get the room to open .. the phone didn't work (no dial tone) .. Internet was off and on .. the breakfast was a couple of stale waffles and bad coffee .. there were holes in the carpet, through to the padding and into the base of the floor .. the toilet made sudden noises like it was flushing .. the tub is peeling .. things smelly funny.

Seriously, if Days Inn cares about quality control, they would get their corporate people down here to fix this place, because I 100% agree with the recent reviews posted here.

Some good things... the front desk guy was friendly. Seems like his hands are tied and he's stuck working here. Parking is free (not a small thing for Chicago) and the location is OK, close to highways and downtown (30 mins), food, and shopping, though everything requires a car. It's quiet and safe and whenever the toilet stopped flushing, I could get a good rest. But just a little way away will get you a better hotel for the same price, or the same hotel for a better price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank larry_nyc
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

This hotel is the worst hotel that I have ever been to. The carpet was stained and dirty, there were toe nail clippings on the floor next to the bed! The sheets had yellow stains on them, as did all of the towels. The bathroom had black mold all over the wall in behind the toilet. There were also ants crawling on the counters. We had the room booked for a few nights, but we checked out after being in the room for only one hour. They tried to offer us another room and we checked it out. It also had severely stained carpeting, as well as signs of bed bugs in the mattress.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beaudof
Broadview, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

the hotel was in an ice area. It was near many resataruants. I"ve stayed here in the past. But my last three days have been getting bad. The owners have stoped keeping it up. My latest room was a dump. The handle on the faucet broke, afterwards i notice the toliet had a ice bucket under it to catch the leaking water, There is only 1 ice machine, its located outside the lobby downstairs.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
adamse, Director of Sales at Days Inn Alsip, responded to this review, 25 October 2010
Thank you for your review. Your review is not something we like to hear. Its also not typical of the stay that most of our guests have with us. On the average over 3500 people stay with us each month and fortunatly we have done a good job with them. We have just recently started a preventavie maintenence program that should prevent what happened to you from happening again. Yes our ice machine is located at the vending area for the hotel. The majority of our guests have found that convienent for their needs. Thanks again for the review its important that we do hear back form our guests and we hope you will check us out again and see all our improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn
Motel 6 Bridgeview
Motel 6 Bridgeview
#3 of 4 in Bridgeview

Been to Days Inn Alsip? Share your experiences!