“Excellent Everything”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
Reviewed 22 October 2013

All aspects were excellent with the exception of one server during the luncheon we attended as part of our conference. She was rude, unfriendly and did not supply requests for additional water, ice tea, salad dressing, etc. All other interactions with staff were EXCELLENT. Bed is one of the most comfortable and room service was delicious and hot.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you were comfortable during your stay and that you found our beds and bedding acceptable. If you could please e-mail me at chias_gm@hilton.com and let me know a bit more about your server during the event I would appreciate it. We like to role play with our team members to ensure that any opportunities are rectified. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you again for your review and business.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was excellent and very helpful. Staff was very accommodating provided answers to all our questions. The Airport shuttle was a big PLUS and the cookies were a great surprise!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Ah the cookies, yes we enjoy them to, maybe a bit too much. Thank you for your review and kind remarks about our service and shuttles. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to serving you again soon, and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff members were very friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is not new it has been very well maintained and is kept extremely clean ... always a plus! I will stay here again on my next visit to Chicago.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our service, and the condition of the property. Out team takes a lot of pride in our property and maintains it accordingly. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I checked in late on Monday; when I entered my room it smelled of cigarette smoke. Being tired I choose to request that my room be changed for the next night. In the morning the front desk assured me that Housekeeping would move my now repacked bags; when I returned on Tuesday I was told my room was not changed. Luckily I arrived early enough that there was another room (no King size bed) available as the hotel was in a sold out situation. But if I worked late on Tuesday I would most likely be forced to sleep in my original room. I was extremely disappointed that my request to change rooms was not done as I was told.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am concerned about this situation and would like the opportunity to investigate this occurrence. Please e-mail me directly at chias_gm@hilton.com, place "trip advisor review" in the subject line with your name so that I know your e-mail is not spam. In the body of the e-mail could you please notate your dates of stay. We look forward to hearing from you so that we may investigate and resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel stay was excellent. The room was neat and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. And, the cookies were great (as usual). The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants and very convenient to Midway Airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that the location was suitable for you and that you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding amenities. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

In Alsip for a three-day conference held at DoubleTree. The hotel is at a convenient location. The staff were very pleasant. The food great. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again should the need arise.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the conference and our hotel's amenities and service. Thank you for your overall review and your business. We hope you will keep us in mind next time you are in the area; we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This Doubletree does a nice job with all aspects of their service, with the notable exception of wifi coverage in the fitness center. A challenge to folks who bring their own tablets for video or audio entertainment. Easy fix.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and the heads up about the WIFI. We just checked the coverage in the fitness center and it was a bit low. We adjusted the signals for the WIFI coverage in this area and next time you are in you should get a full signal. We are happy that you enjoyed our other amenities and our service. Thank you again for your review and your business we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
Best Western Chicago Southland

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip? Share your experiences!