“Very Noise at 5am”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alsip
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“Very Noise at 5am”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed two nights, first night was good, the next morning someone, Maintenance or gounds keeper was running some type of equipment at 5AM for 30 minutes which was very noisey, woke me up... I complain to front desk and they did nothing for me or my stay.. I will not stay here again.. I travel 100-150 nights per year.. Very Poor...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Laura B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had to endure this opportunity with the noise while staying with us. I would like to find out more information and would like the opportunity to speak with you about this personally. At your convenience can you e-mail me at laura.beltrame@hilton.com with your name and dates of your stay along with your contact information so that I can address this issue with you? In the subject line please state, "trip advisor review and your name" so that I know that your e-mail is not spam. I look forward to speaking with you and thank you for reporting this to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Peoria, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I visited the hotel for a two day meeting eariler this week. The hotel was beautiful and clean inside. However the customer service could improve. When I visitied the restruant for a cup of coffee the host offered to get the coffee for me, which I allowed her to do but when she returned I asked her how much I owed her and she had an attitude and responded its usually $1.00 but I'll give you the first cup but you will need to pay for additional cups. Her attitude turned from friendly to not so friendly. Its not the principal but its how she said it.

The second incident I encountered was with the bellmen. I had my family drop me off in the morning so I didnt have transportation for lunch. I asked the bellmen if he could take me down the street to a fast food restruant and bring me right back. I advised him that I wasnt an actual guest staying in the hotel so I would pay him/the hotel for taking me down the street but he declined. I ended up taking a taxi there and back both days. After I got back the bellmen was still standing there and didnt have any customers. I would of understood if he said no he couldnt becuase he had to attend to the guests in the hotel but he didnt have any guests. Second as a business person wouldnt you want to make additional revenue for the hotel?

I've never stayed at Doubletree and probably wont becuase of these encounters. During my two days I stayed at a Marriott hotel and I am glad that I did!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We do apologize for the substandard level of service you received. We do appreciate that you explained the situation in detail so that we can address the appropriate staff members and utilize this scenario when training our team. Thank you again for reporting this opportunity to us and once again we do apologize for this incident. We hope to serve you in the near future.
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here 9/1/2013 to 9/3/2013 on my drive across the country and to take a day to visit the Chicago Art Museum. Checking in was strange, as there was a wedding going on, spilling into the hallways with the banquet doors open, so it was REALLY LOUD from the band. Large hotel, so I had to drive around to the back for my room. Really cool all wood elevator to the Hilton Honors floor, but then the hallway smelled a bit to the room, which was smaller than the normal Doubletree room. Next day, leaving for the museum, the elevator was out of order, so I had to walk to the front of the hotel to the elevator, then back down the long hallway to my car. The elevator was not fixed the next day when I left, so had to do the down the hallway thing again. Older, tired property, would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask if the hallway smells outside the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Looking over the dates of your stay it seems you were here over Labor Day weekend. Late Sunday night, around 10pm, into Monday morning we did experience a power outage due to a faulty line coming into our building from the street. We do apologize for this inconvenience since the outage did knock out one of our elevator bays. Since this opportunity we have been in contact with our local energy company to have new lines installed from the street into our building. Hopefully these proactive steps will help us avoid future opportunities. We hope that you returned home safely from your road trip.
New Berlin, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Very nice Hotel, welcoming, friendly. Rooms are very nice and comfortable, had a good night sleep. This hotel does not offer free breakfast. The restaurant opens at 6:00am and I had to be at work by 6:30am. No time for breakfast in the restaurant. Since most people staying at the Double Tree are there due to work in the area, would be nice to have breakfast served earlier or free for those having leave early.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you were comfortable throughout your stay. Next time you are in we can always get you a "grab and go" type item for breakfast i.e breakfast sandwich or wrap. This way you will be charged up for your day. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed my days at Double Tree. The staff were professional, enjoyed meals in the restaurant and room service. I slept very well room was clean and had pleasant décor. I would recommend staying there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your review and compliments of the staff. We are happy that you were comfortable throughout your stay and also enjoyed our restaurant. Next time you are in the area please keep us in mind. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and thank you for your business.
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A nice hotel - easy to find, great breakfast, clean and quiet rooms and friendly and helpful staff - a good value in south Chicago worth considering - stayed there for two nights and would recommend it to friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review. You have paid us the biggest compliment possible by stating that you would recommend our hotel to others, so thank you! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our amenities and service. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and thank you for your business.
Stamford, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location when we flew in for a Chicagoland wedding. WHAT A WONDERFUL experience. My wife has a feather allergy and we always request a feather-free room when making reservations. This is first and only hotel that has ever taken care of this request in advance of check-in! Thanks for such great care in a very well taken care of, safe and quiet hotel. Very clean, very well taken care of. Don't overlook this location on the south side. It's wonderful!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay while with us for the wedding. Our hotel always attempts to stay competitive compared to the other hotels in the area and we are ecstatic to hear that you found value in our property and enjoyed our service. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip? Share your experiences!