“Open the door!”

Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our stay at Best Western Plus was a good one. The room was spacious and comfortable. The loud closing room doors could disturb an otherwise quiet night. The breakfast was enjoyable. The only complaint that I have is that the key card we were issued didn't work in the door most of the time and we'd kept having to go down to the front desk for assistance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Accommodations were just fine. Beds were quite comfortable with plenty of pillows. It took a little while for our 7 month old puppy to get use to the sounds at night. But she slept peacefully through the night. The breakfast selection was fine, it was hot and plenty of food was available. No problems checking in or out. I will stay here on our next visit to Alton, Illinois.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I must admit, I was not thrilled about staying at a Best Western, but this Best Western was a pleasant surprise. The lobby was clean and attractive and the rooms were spacious and clean. The furniture and décor was very nice. Everything seemed to be in place. The front desk staff was very nice and informative. The breakfast however, was left much to be desired. Not much of variety..just eggs and waffles and a breakfast burrito, But for the price of the hotel, it was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were very pleased with the room and the clientele. The breakfast was fair most days, but particularly good on Friday morning. We were here for a sad reason, a funeral, but we would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Having stayed here in the past, I had no qualms about staying at this facility again for a weekend. We arrived early in the morning, (10:30) and stopped by to see if perhaps there was a room available so we could change clothes. Desk Clerk Tiffany was busy on the telephone area behind the check in desk. Hearing us arrive I overheard her telling someone to "hold on, hold on , hold on". Maybe a personal phone call? Hopefully it was not a customer on the other end. I explained we had a reservation and we wanted to see if a room was possibly available, even though it was prior to check in time. Tiffany imediately told us that it was "not even check out time yet" and there was no way we could have a room. She did not look at the computer to see if anything was available. She advised us to return around three o clock and possibly something would be open. I might also add that there were only about a dozen cars in the parking lot at this time. I have never , ever had a hotel at least not check to see if a room was available if I arrived prior to check in time.
This is about the only decent motel in the town of Alton and I hope we can stay here again, with no problems. We normally come with a group for a weekend and we like everything else about the place. Rooms are quiet and clean , breakfast is decent. Maybe some customer service training would be in order? I would normally give the BW an excellent rating, but could not due to this incident.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

the hotel was clean and had a comforting décor... The staff when over and beyond to help me with any issues I had... I arrives after 11:00 pm and my room was still available.. The housekeeping staff insured that I had everything I needed for my stay to comfortable.. My rood was cleaned promptly and the complementary breakfast was good..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is excellent. It is extremely clean throughout. The beds are very comfortable. It was also very quiet. It is nicely decorated. The amenities are very nice. This is a great hotel all around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Best Western Premier Alton-St.Louis Area Hotel
Ruebel Hotel
Ruebel Hotel
#2 of 2 in Grafton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edwardsville

Been to Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel? Share your experiences!