“My experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Stuart, United States
“My experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best bang for the buck in Alton, Il. Very professional staff. Consistently clean rooms. I travel to this particular area 3x a year for business. The staff knows me by name and makes my stay that much nicer. If you are traveling to this part of the world, this is where you need to be staying.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is very clean and can't be that old. Staff was very friendly and they even customize the room cleaning, which was nice. If I ever traveled to Alton again I would recommend this hotel. I stayed on business so didn't get out and about too much, but had a lot of chain restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this beautiful hotel August 17, 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is amazingly beautiful. I never expected so much from a Best Western (this is our 1st visit). The lobby is beautiful! Our hotel room (rooms 233 and 242) were absolutely beautiful!!!! The bedding and décor were simply elegant. The bathroom is beautiful with gorgeous granite countertops and granite shower walls. The bath towels were plush and luxurious. The mirrors in the bathroom is beautiful and there is a full-length mirror across from the bathroom which was a nice touch. The room had a nice sized refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee pot, hair dryer...all the amenities one desires. The beds were very comfortable and had very nice bedding. If you needed a tooth brush, tooth paste, razor, etc., the front desk staff gladly provided one. There is a small outdoor pool and a small exercise room, which was perfect. It wasn't busy and provided exactly what we needed. The full morning breakfast provided many options, eggs, toast, yogurt, muffins, coffee, etc. Very nice. There was a vending machine, soda machine and ice maker on our floor which was also very conveniently located. I loved everything about this Best Western and I will certainly return in the future. There are many things to do in Alton, shopping, sight seeing, great food places. I highly recommend this clean and beautiful hotel to everyone. We loved it!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 242, it is a non-smoking room. It is beautifully decorated and very clean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for weekend. Beds were very comfortable and room very clean. Check in and out was very easy. House keeping did check with us to see if we needed anything. Wished had indoor pool instead of outdoor due to weather. Front desk personal were very helpful and friendly

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Sidney, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Overall this hotel was above average. No complaints. Breakfast was a bit lacking. I expected more choices. Parking was excellent, well lit. Security was above average. Room was quiet. TV choices were above average. Air conditioning worked very well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank S5447FOjohnj
League City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I came to this hotel so that I could ride the Sam Vadalabene Bike Trail and get back to the hotel for a shower before checkout time. That part of the experience went well.
There were other parts of the experience that did not go well.
I spent almost an hour driving around Alton trying to find the address. The GPS on my phone was not working properly and I did not have a paper map. After I checked in, the front desk gave me a paper map that allowed me to find everything I needed in the area, but you may want to make sure you have good directions before you come.
I wanted a King nonsmoking room, and was given a disability King as that was the only King nonsmoking left. There was a strong smell in the room that I thought was cigarette smoke, so I asked to be moved. They moved me to a disability room with two Queens, that also had the same strong odor.
The bathroom was designed for disabled use, so it was different from conventional bathrooms. The tub enclosure was lined with a material similar to a counter top that seemed to be an upgrade from conventional tub enclosure. There was also a portable tub seat. I was curious why they installed a tub rather than a shower stall. There are shower stall designs available that allow a wheelchair to roll into the shower. Although some architect or building contractor should have thought of that, I think that hotel management needs to address a similar problem immediately. The shower head was attached to a hose and held in place by a bent coat hanger at a height that anyone in a wheelchair would be unable to reach. Someone needs to install an appropriate bracket for holding the shower head, and ideally there need to be two brackets so that the shower head could be mounted high (for someone such as me), or low (for someone who cannot reach high items.
It was difficult to find electrical outlets so that I could charge my cell phone or use my computer. When a desk is provided, it should not be difficult to find electrical outlets on or near the desk.
The Internet connection required a CAT5 cable that I did not bring with me. If you want to us the Internet, bring a cable.
These two rooms may not be representative of the rest of the hotel, but based on my experience with these two rooms, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If only the disabled rooms are available, you might want to look for a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stay here when I am in town and it is a good experience every time.

The breakfast is well attended by the attendant, BUT, when the Front Desk person has to cover both the front desk and the breakfast...it is just too much for them. PLEASE fix this staffing problem and don't make your customers look for milk or coffee. THANK you!

Room Tip: Put a towel at the bottom of your door for ultra quiet sleep time.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Atrium Hotel & Conference Center
#1 of 7 in Pontoon Beach
Super 8 Alton
Super 8 Alton
#4 of 5 in Alton

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel? Share your experiences!