“Credit card users BEWARE!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Credit card users BEWARE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Horrible, bland food. Service ok until I got my check and was charged 20% gratuity for using a gift certificate and the waitress got snotty! We won't be back!!

• Visited April 2014

Springfield, Illinois
“Day trip to Alton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been wanting to try this place for a couple of years now, but our first opportunity came this past Saturday. We were in town to do some geocaching and to take in some of the rich history of Alton. We came to Ragin Cajun at an off-time between lunch and dinner, so we didn't get to catch any of the piano action, but the atmosphere was fantastic nonetheless. The restaurant has a very fun swampy,New Orleans feel to it...chandelier with beads hanging from it, large balcony up above dining area, the sound of running water from a fountain near the bar, and we got to sit in a section of a real airplane which has been converted into dining room seating...complete with seatbelts and airplane windows. Between the two of us, we ordered the lobster bisque, a shrimp po' boy and a crawfish po'boy to share. The food was great. Some of the BEST lobster bisque I've ever had. My salad that came with the meal had delicious home-made-tasting ranch dressing and a nice mix of salad greens (not just iceburg lettuce), nice ripe tomatoes, and cheese. The po' boys were about 12 inches long and each was filled with a generous portion of meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion and served with a pickle spear. Our drinks (iced tea and water) were served in giant mugs, eliminating the need for frequent refills. My only complaints were that I was a tiny bit disappointed that a cajun restaurant didn't have a muffaletta sandwich on the menu (at least I didn't see one), and the place was a bit too dark and a little hard to see for it being the middle of the afternoon. But all in all, this was a great local restaurant with great flavor (both literally and figuratively.) We will definitely come back again!!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank CakeChick250
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Always a treat....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a very lively and fun piano bar on Friday and Saturday nights. I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans, and the Ragin Cajun really does capture the feel of Bourbon Street. The food is AMAZING! The pub steak is my personal favorite, always perfect. Finally, they have a potato choice, too!! The lobster bisque is elegant and delicious. But, the piece de resistance is the FANTABULOUS white chocolate bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream. It's pure bliss!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank vkd62025
Edgewood, Kentucky
“Walk-By Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Food Was Good. Found IT Walking By. We Were Looking For A Pkace To Eat.heat Was A Premium. Feet Got Cold During Meal. Too Dark Too. Server Had To Lend Us A Flashlight To Read The Menu. Doubt We Will Go Back.

• Visited February 2014
Alton, Illinois
“This place has really gone down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The last 2 times we have been here it has been terrible. The orders came out wrong. We ordered alagator bites and we recieved clams. My steak was so dry I could not chew it. I dont plan on going back for dinner for a long long time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ragin Cajun Piano Bar? Share your experiences!