“Beall Mansion” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Alton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beall Mansion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our visit to Alton. It was a trip back in a time capsule. Jim is very knowlegable about the area and gave us a great recommendation for dinner. It was a unique experience. Our room was large and comfortable with a bathtub spa! Climbing stairs is necessary there. The mansion is very special. There is an option to have the breakfast in bed. The continental breakfast was modest. I would definitely stay again and try the specal breakfast. Hot food or special baked options would be nice for the regular self serve breakfast though.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I decided to get away for our 4 year anniversary. We wanted to do something different & the Beall mansion was definitely different!! The mansion was beautiful & relaxing. My husband and I slept like babies both nights. I felt like a pampered Princess and my Husband was impressed with the woodwork. We stayed in the "servants quarters", but felt like anything BUT servants. The chocolate bar was amazing! Jim and Sandy were very attentive to our needs even though they were short staffed at the time of out stay. We will be returning!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Benld, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I was given a night as a wedding present. This B & D was absolutely the best place I have ever been to. It's totally restored. I felt as tho I should've been wearing the clothes from that era. I want to go in the winter time so I can use the fire place. The jacuzzi tub was so relaxing. We slept like babies on the feather bed. The owners really go above and beyond for their guests.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Defiance, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I were given a gift of two nights at the mansion. We were not too sure about spending two nights away, but we had the best time. The Victorian home is just beautiful and the gardens were lovely too. The owner greated us and was friendly and accommodating. The room was beautifully decorated and had a king four poster bed with a feather mattress. So very comfortable. We have friends who lived not too far from Alton, so we "vacationed" with them. After a day at the winery in nearby Grafton, we continued our visit in the parlor of the home. It was very comfortable and a relaxing way to end the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Perryville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently had our wedding ceremony out in front of the Beall Mansion. We were looking for something unique and intimate for our 40 guests. The grounds are beautifully landscaped so there was no need for extra flowers or frills. The mansion made a great backdrop for a romantic afternoon and great wedding photos. Inside the Beall is full of antique treasures, you will feel like you have stepped back in time. The chocolate bar is a nice touch. The owners really make sure you enjoy your stay. We will definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

An over-the-top lovely Victorian mansion, beautifully decorated and maintained. I wasn't expecting much with the paltry $107 paid for a "no-frills" experience, but the room we got was huge, complete with a king-size poster bed and a whirlpool. The owners/caretakers are very friendly and generous. If we're ever in the area again, there is no doubt where we'll be staying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Beall Mansion is a beautifully maintained grand old home in a residential area of a formerly thriving industrial city on the Mississippi River. Other equally grand homes in private hands are nearby, giving you a sense of what the neighborhood was like in its day. The home is meticulously maintained by Jim and Sandy Belote, and is furnished in period pieces to truly take you back in time. A very enjoyable stay that I will repeat in the future!

Room Tip: Very spacious rooms on the second floor. Smaller but very comfortable room on the third floor.