“Breakfast or Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Breakfast or Lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Your original blue plate lunch special. Breakfast is cooked when ordered. Great couple owns the place.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank d v

Godfrey
“Best value in region”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I've been a G-B Grill customer since I was a little kid. Jim and JoAnn make everyone feel like family. The diner-style restaurant is spotlessly clean and the food wonderfully fresh and wholesome.

Breakfast is made fresh by Jim on the grill right in front of you. Every day there's a different set of lunch specials. The roast pork and dressing on Thursday is absolutely fabulous. Every other Thursday you can get lasagna. Tuesday you can get a perfect plate of liver and onions: slightly crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, not too string in flavor. There are several choices of sides. I love the sour-vinegar slaw and REAL mashed potatoes! Prices are incredibly low.

The same family has run the G-B Grill for almost 100 years. Jim and JoAnn have had it for about 25 years now, I think. They used to be open from 5 AM to 6 PM but had to cut back a few years ago, open at 6 and close after lunch, so I don't get to eat there as often as I used to. Writing this review made me crave liver and onions, though... I'll be going there as soon as my work schedule has me off on Tuesday!

• Visited March 2011