“Best fries chicken. Anywhere.”
Review of Woody's Drive-In

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Woody's Drive-In
Ranked #53 of 102 Restaurants in Alton
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I grew up in Alton going to Woody's and couldn't wait to take my family there on a return visit. The chicken is the reason to go, hands down the best ever. The batter coating is amazing. My 13 year old daughter who rarely eats meat could not get enough of it! Delicious and a great value!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

On my home I went by and got myself a fried chicken dinner in a box. The chicken is excellent and the fries are great also. I try to get by there on way home.

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. My wife has talked about this chicken for years and we finally made it to Alton and she insisted we stop. I pointed out all the other places to eat in the area but she said no we are going to Woodys for chicken. Still when we pulled in the parking lot I voiced my concern about the looks of the place and she said it looks just like it did when she was in highschool. We went in and walked to the counter and my wife ordered food for the two of us and looked at me and said just wait. The lady behind the counter couldn't have been any nicer. Everyone was smiling and in a good mood and made us feel very welcome. They handed us two white boxes and our drinks and I looked at my wife again she gave me the go sit down look and I walked over to a booth that looked and prob was older than I am. So to the real reason for the visit the chicken. I opened the box and sitting on top of some foil was half a chicken and some fries. The best chicken I have ever had, it was moist seasoned well and the coating on the chicken was to die for. I also had some coleslaw which was outstanding. Everything was fresh and very good. It's a little place that hasn't changed over the years. They found what worked and still do it the way they always have. Don't let the looks detour you go to Woodys and try it I'm glad I did. I will make the trip again it is really that good.

1  Thank Martyinstl
Reviewed 18 September 2012

You walk into Woody's and you know this isn't some corporate run joint. Known for their fried chicken, their cheeseburgers can't be beat. Where else can you get half a chicken and fries for under five dollars?

1  Thank dutchil27
Reviewed 6 March 2012

In business for decades, famous for Chicken. Signature coleslaw unbelievably good. Fast service, eat in or carry out.