Let's Start at the beginning.
1. Check in. (4/5) Well organized for a busy Holiday weekend. Lots of people, but they had the escorts driving you around and keeping campsite boundaries sound.
2. Cleanliness (1/5) - Although you see the trashcans and camper trash bags being picked up, there is so much trash around the lakes and trails it is almost disgusting. On the back trails which are open to anyone, they have started a trash dumping area. Bathrooms/Shower Rooms all very dirty and uncleaned.
3. The 'Fishing Lake' (0/5) - The Lake dried out in 2012 (drought) and nothing survived except catfish. They are small, and there are not very many of them. Kids were very sad. The lake has a lot of muck and moss that hampers any good cleanup effort.
4. Safety (1/5) - Although it may have been a little busy, I personally witnessed a small boy get hit by a SUV, and an under aged drunk driver smashing into a golf cart. Several party goers (especially in the somewhat uncontrolled 'wilderness' were a bit out of control.
5. Accommodations (2/5) - We rented Cindy's cottage and a camp site. Campsite was level and had water and electric (they had to come and fix the broken breaker, but they did) Cottage had beds right in the front door room, and they consisted of an unsafe bunk bed that I would only let kids sleep on the bottom of, and a very saggy 'queen'. It did have another bedroom and 2 bathrooms which was nice. Cleanliness was average.
6. Pools (1/5) Pools were so packed with people, the kids could not even enjoy themselves. Water slides are not in pool area so they have to move between pool and slides. Opening/Closing times were not adhered to so if you wanted to 'adult swim' from 9 to 10a - you were lucky if anyone was there to open it at that time (or anytime after for that matter)
7. Mini Golf (0/5) - So much debris and no upkeep, along with no-body enforcing any rules allows the mini golf area to be a complete disaster area.
8. Paddle boats/Kayaks: (1/5) - Paddle boats operated pretty good, but there were not a lot of them. Kayaks had leaks and you were often given half a broken paddle if there were no doubles available.
9. Overall- (1/5) Not fun. Kids were bored, except for biking due to the large area this campground covers. No fishing, no golf, too hard to swim.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your O'Connell's Yogi Bear Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Connell`s Jellystone Park Hotel Amboy