“Unexpected Treat”
Review of Davie School Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anna
Davie School Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Anna B&B and Inns
Puerto Escondido
“Unexpected Treat”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stumbled on to the town of Anna on a road trip from Mexico and need a place to overnight and was recommended by our dinner waitress. WOW great spot. Huge suite and a large good in room breakfast that we had for lunch on the road as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Benton, Illinois
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I can't say enough about this place. The rooms are huge, and they are so comfortable. The memory foam mattress we had has me sold on my next mattress. Good soak in the tub and a romantic time sitting in front of the fireplace. We needed a get away, and this place really was exactly what we needed. The breakfast is huge, homemade, and delicious. Have the French Toast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have stayed here two times now. One time, just us and this last time with the kid (2 years old). It is always clean, friendly and a special experience. The owners are wonderful and you do not feel like you are in a hotel or someones house (normal bed & breakfast we don't really like). If you are looking for something truly unique with wonderful sleeping accommodations after you enjoy the wine trails this is the place. Can't stress it enough...very special. There is a play ground in the back of the school and a horse-buggy track (not sure the exact name for it) still in operation. Lots of wild flowers, sunshine and smiles. Highly recommend this place to escape the hustle and bustle, slow down, breath and let the kids (if you have them) get dirty!

Room Tip: Rooms with multiple sleeping quarters are on upper levels. Single bed sleeping quarters (couples) a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JAPeacock99
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The old school is fascinating and has been developed beautifully by Gary the owner. The rooms are old classrooms and are huge. We were upgraded to the Purple Suite which had been recently renovated and was really comfortable. The bed was amazing - I've never slept on a foam mattress before but it was so soft. The breakfast was huge and all homemade - the Danish was the best I have had. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my 10 year staying at the inn. I have come for girls weekends and anniversary trips with my husband . Gary and Andrea always make you feel at home and comfortable. It is truly like coming to visit a good old friend when you come back to visit. Breakfast is also a wonderful added bonus . So yummy! The area as so many things to see and do. I look forward to coming back for many years to come

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is a bed and breakfast that we had our wedding at. They took care of us during that time and we have gone back twice since then and I know we will go back again. The food in the morning is alot but awesome. The food is huge and just wonderful. I would tell anyone to go and you will understand why.

• Stayed April 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My mom and sister have booked a room at The Davie School Inn many times over the past 10 years. They have raved about their experience and look forward to their stay in April each year during the quilt show in Paducah.....this was my first year to join them and I have to say my stay was every bit as awesome, if not more so, than what I expected!!! It is worth the 45 minute drive to Paducah! Gary is just the most wonderful person. I felt like I had know him for years upon meeting him. Not only is he renovating this old school in to the most wonderful Inn, but the french toast breakfast he made is amazing beyond words!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anna
Best Western Saluki Inn
#9 of 15 in Marion
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Carbondale

Been to Davie School Inn? Share your experiences!