“Make the Trip”

David's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO DAVID'S BISTRO My name is David Maish. I am a trained chef and I love to cook great food. Several years ago, I realized that Antioch, Illinois needed a special place – a gathering place for dear friends; a meeting location for business associates to have an important meeting or a peaceful, favorite spot where a couple can say nice things to one another. I wanted to create a special place for great people like you. I spent weeks wondering what I should name my place. All the good French names were taken. Then I thought about “The Un-fast Food Restaurant that isn’t Part of a Food Chain with a 20 Page Menu Where Everything tastes the same.” The sign painter quit. Then my wife said, “Why not call it David’s Bistro?” I married a genius! David’s Bistro is casual, friendly, fun and kind of serious all at the same time. Serious, doesn’t mean stuffy! Serious means that my passion is food. I write about food, I teach cooking classes, I absolutely love to cook for my guests. Oh sure, every so often I’ll break out in a song, show you one of my paintings or crack a dumb joke, but I can get absolutely teary-eyed over an heirloom tomato, a beautiful cut of meat or a spectacular piece of chocolate. David’s Bistro is about all of the good things in life.
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Holidays are a great time to visit Antioch and if you do, you need to try Davids. We've eaten there several times and love it. Once I wanted something that wasn't on the menu and he made it...excellent!
And David is always there to greet and say thanks. Something that you don't get at the chains.

There are newer reviews for David's Bistro

Reviewed 28 September 2011

We have been to David's Bistro twice and are planning to take some new friends in the area there this coming Friday eve. David's Bistro is really a nice, local bistro serving great food. The last time we visited, my husband had the prime rib and I had the stuffed filet. Both were exceptional! The servers are helpful in navigating through the menu, offering suggestions and are very attentive. David usually circles through the dining areas to personally greet and chat with all of the guests. I would suggest making reservations for Fri. or Sat. evenings. An overall great dining experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Three of us went for lunch. One had a 1/2 wrap and onion soup ($6); one had a salad ($8),and one had a full wrap and the cream of chicken soup ($8). The soups were excellent. Both the wraps were very good. The salad was good - a little too much dressing - should have ordered it on the side. Nice warm bread and butter to start. Side of garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes was a nice late summer treat. Service was prompt and friendly. The owner stopped by to see if everything was good. The only thing that kept David's Bistro from getting five circles instead of four was that they must have had a recent air conditioning problem, because they had a screen door installed to let in fresh air, but it didn't close all the way and we were bothered by two or three flies throughout the meal. I'm sure that problem will soon be fixed. I would encourage you to try David's Bistro.

1  Thank Doug O
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I eat her regularly, mostly for lunch, and generally get the soup of the day and half a wrap. DB's has the BEST soup I've ever had and I'm not exaggerating. The service is always pleasant and the food is always good. They also have a children's menu that includes an ice cream desert. They also do a monthly 'hands off' cooking class that I've enjoyed. David himself cooks up a menu and you get the recipes and a tasting along with wine. My favorite restaurant in town!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

This place is AWESOME !!! You will not be disappointed from start to finish. After searching and searching for a great place to dine at we have found it!!! Today I ordered a lemon drop martini -- tasty-- I had the pear gorgonzola salad out of this world and had the steak and shrimp special. It was like eating in Paris!! Yes I was there for 4 days and this is the place that replicates those fresh and delicious flavors!! If you are looking for a bag of potato chips and brats go somewhere else. If you ate going for delicious and incredible food this is the place. On a side note the prices are very fair and it is not that expensive at all.