“Decent”

Szechwan Palace
Ranked #29 of 76 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Foods ok,nothing amazing but decent go to in the area. I do find it annoying that they charge you extra when you buy egg rolls or spring rolls for their "special sweet and sour sauce" rather than giving you the terrible packet sauce for free. So in order for the rolls to be decent you have to pay extra? For that alone,won't be back...

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Egg rolls are nice and crispy. Always plenty of food that tastes really good. My favorite Chinese restaurant!

3  Thank Loonyteach
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I love this place! I call ahead, it only takes about 10-15 min to get it ready to pick up and the food is outstanding. They give you so much for a good price. My husand eats the Beef and Brocolli and he gets a small, which is more than enough food in itself. One of the best Chinese Restaurants around the area!

1  Thank starpatchsam
Reviewed 25 March 2010

It has some really good chinese food, I'd reccomend :)

Reviewed 9 November 2008

Was a bit worried when we entered this place as we were the only customers at lunch time. First impression was not great as we were the first customers of the day, but the place was definitely NOT clean. There were wrappers and food crumbs under all the tables and the green carpet was filthy black in many areas. Makes me wonder with that attention to cleanliness what is going on in the kitchen were we can't see!

Despite that, we did order a variety of dishes from a very friendly and attentive server. The food came out pretty fast and was piping hot. Food appearance and taste were average -- nothing we'd say we had to come back for -- but nothing we disliked either.

Prices a bit on the high side for this type of restaurant with prices from $9.05 to $13.95 for the entrees. Did get a good amount of food and were able to take some home for another small meal the next day.

Summary -- I don't think we'd go back as the hygiene standards concern me.