“AltThai is the best Thai food in the area”
Review of altThai

altThai
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
“AltThai is the best Thai food in the area”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

AltThai is excellent because they use very fresh ingredients, and the dishes are very well thought-out. Because of this, the flavors of their dishes really shine. My personal favorite is their Ginger Dish, however many locals have different favorites. You can choose between chicken, shrimp, tofu, beef, pork, or extra vegetables, as you can with many of their dishes. What I appreciate even more is that they are consistent: Every time I order my favorite, I am confident that I will get what I expect, and that it will be delicious. The restaurant is clean, and a contemporary but warm atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Nathalie B

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Nice Thai Place”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stopped at this restaurant for lunch.
It was not busy, so the service was very fast. The food was great too. I always get the same thing at Thai restaurants, so the dish met my standards and expectations.
I would highly recommend, if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Radmila26
Barrington, Illinois
“Great Thai!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a small restaurant in Arlington Heights IL close to the Metra Station. The food is good and their menu extensive. They have an average wine selection with low cost bottles, half bottles and glasses available. There is no sake but they do have plum wine. My husband and I would meet there for lunch at least once a week when he worked in Arlington Heights. The lunch menu is inexpensive and portions are filling. We do love their pad thai and their crab Rangoon. I would recommend this for an inexpensive lunch and/or dinner destination - but not a fancy place for that special occasion. It is not your typical Oriental restaurant. Trying for a younger, upscale clientele.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank lfh0521
Orlando, Florida
“Very Good”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Authentic and good Thai food. Price range is excellent. Simple but nice decor. Service was very good and friendly. We will definitely go back!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank FancyNancy2013
Springboro, Ohio
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. We ordered crab rangoon as an appetizer and they were not the greasy, soggy version that you get in most Asian restaurants. Even the presentation was exceptional. Our main dishes consisted of massaman curry, Thai soup, fried rice, and a stir fry dish and all of it was well worth the price. And that was the biggest surprise; especially in a nicer area of Chicago, I expected to pay twice what I did. I hope to return someday.

• Visited August 2013