“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Kansas City, Kansas
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and good service. We had the vegetarian pot stickers that were pretty oily with not much filling
The food was a little salty. Portion size was good but average in taste

3 Thank Ardi61

near Chicago, IL
“It's tucked in a mall area, and well worth finding if you like Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We went out with a group of friends recently, and some of them had been to altThai before. They made reservations ahead of time, since a group of 8 people on a Saturday night would otherwise be hard to accommodate. The restaurant has a clean, albeit plain decor, and the night we were there it seemed like their carry-out counter was just as busy as the sit-down part of the small restaurant.

We deferred to the others in our group to order their "favorite appetizers" for us all to share, and that ended up being a nice combination of both spicy and mild dishes. Similarly, our main courses ranged from mild to having "a spicy kick" and those who were adventurous sampled some of each others. Portion sizes were good, and several of us took home "little boxes" of leftovers. AltThai offers good food at decent prices, and we expect to return.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sellbuy1234567
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
“AltThai is the best Thai food in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

AltThai is excellent because they use very fresh ingredients, and the dishes are very well thought-out. Because of this, the flavors of their dishes really shine. My personal favorite is their Ginger Dish, however many locals have different favorites. You can choose between chicken, shrimp, tofu, beef, pork, or extra vegetables, as you can with many of their dishes. What I appreciate even more is that they are consistent: Every time I order my favorite, I am confident that I will get what I expect, and that it will be delicious. The restaurant is clean, and a contemporary but warm atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Nathalie B
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Nice Thai Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stopped at this restaurant for lunch.
It was not busy, so the service was very fast. The food was great too. I always get the same thing at Thai restaurants, so the dish met my standards and expectations.
I would highly recommend, if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Radmila26
Barrington, Illinois
“Great Thai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a small restaurant in Arlington Heights IL close to the Metra Station. The food is good and their menu extensive. They have an average wine selection with low cost bottles, half bottles and glasses available. There is no sake but they do have plum wine. My husband and I would meet there for lunch at least once a week when he worked in Arlington Heights. The lunch menu is inexpensive and portions are filling. We do love their pad thai and their crab Rangoon. I would recommend this for an inexpensive lunch and/or dinner destination - but not a fancy place for that special occasion. It is not your typical Oriental restaurant. Trying for a younger, upscale clientele.

• Visited October 2013