“If you like HAM, you must go here.”

Mr. Allison's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
“If you like HAM, you must go here.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

While visiting the area, we were looking for a good place to go for breakfast. After checking Tripadvisor and Yelp, we decided on Mr. Allison's. OMG You will NOT leave here hungry.

They have a pretty typical menu, but the portions are HUGE. I had three eggs over medium (nope, I didn't see an option for the usual two eggs), home fries, and ham (probably the best breakfast ham I've ever had).

What can I say about eggs....and I am not a huge fan of home fries, but if you are a ham lover, you should check this place out. We were on our way to the airport so we had to leave our leftovers behind, but most people were leaving with to go bags.

Service was VERY friendly. Prices were decent.

• Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We are always looking for non-chain restaurants and enjoyed the breakfast here as well as the great service. The kids enjoyed the silver dollar pancakes and ham!

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ham Heaven”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My insurance guy took me to Mr Allison's to pump me for leads. After eating all I could of my ham and eggs - - which was about half the ham (with plenty left for a nice ham dinner for two), I not only gave him everyone I know - - but started making-up names! The ham and the portions are out of this world. My system can only handle it about once a month, but I regularly see professional eaters in there. I suppose I should ask them where else they eat!! It's in a little strip mall that I had gone past for years without knowing the magic inside. Getting anything other than something with ham would be borderline criminal. TA is asking for one date I was there, so just know the one listed is the most recent of about twenty-five visits.

• Visited January 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
“Holy crap...that's a breakfast”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I went in there to meet someone. The place could use some help on the decor but the food...holy crap! The portion sizes are huge. I ordered my food and within 5 minutes it was ready. I had the Denver Omlet, it was giant. It had huge chunks of homemade ham (this is what they are famous for) and a generous portion of hash browns. Prices are very reasonable (and I stress reasonable).

• Visited November 2012
Hewitt, Wisconsin 54441
“Just what you have been looking for!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great diner with outstanding brunch selections. Ham is king in this eatery. Their prices are incredibly low and their service is vintage Chicago. Bruskly efficient with kind hearts behind the fast service! My wife and I have found a new favorite! It has been the favorite of locals for thirty years!

Visited October 2012