All reviewstypical holiday inn expressfront deskcomfortable stayroom was cleannice hotelnext morningshuttle serviceairportwifiaccommodationsrefrigerator
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed 4 nights and were very satisfied , rooms are clean and comfy. Very satisfied with the Shuttle service provided, very prompt with drop off and pick up to O'Hare to catch the train. This made our trips to Downtown Chicago much easier. Cathy at the front desk was very helpful with advise to us about the Trains and Buses schedules to follow. Was nice to go to Lobby to get a warm breakfast and not have to leave Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie B
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Greetings Jamie B!

Cathy and the team want to extend a big "Thank You!" for your kind feedback about your experience at our hotel. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're visiting the Greater Chicagoland area!

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

The manager made all my problems disappear. I scheduled for the wrong days and he was calm and fixed it. Thank you, Jason Hayes! This place was great. No pool but everything else was PERFECT!! I travel all the time but this manager was the best.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank laurabuckley0143

Hi Ms. Buckley!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We're so happy our team could alleviate concerns relating to your reservation. It's important that we got it right for you! We're terribly sorry your first impression of our hotel was so delayed and frantic. Overall, we're pleased our hotel could provide a restful and relaxing stay for you and your family over the weekend. Personally, thank you kindly for your feedback. Your kind words remind me of why we love our jobs.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any future concerns. In the meanwhile, we'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Was in town with family for an aunt who was turning 70. The location was perfect for our needs however the traffic is awful. Downtown without traffic is about 30-40 mins away. Was able to see United Center and Wrigley Field which made my trip.

Close to a Korean supermarket and went there for lunch (on the advice of the front desk). The lunch was good. Went across the street to Baskin Robbins with the kids to treat them all to ice cream on the last night. Casinos are within a 15-30 min drive (I did not go). Parking was plentiful.

Staff always was able to respond to my requests for extra towels, blankets, sheets, etc.

Breakfast was okay but what do you expect for complimentary. I saw they try to cater to Koreans (Korean area?)

No pool in hotel which I found kind of strange.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cgarn

Hello Cgarn!

Thanks for such an amazing review! We love all the feedback and recommendations! We're so happy that our hotel and our staff were able to provide a "top notch" experience for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We stayed two nights at this hotel while visiting Chicago. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful in making sure our visit was complete. She made a great restaurant recommendation and explained how the subway system worked in conjunction with their shuttle to O'Hare. The hotel was clean and easy to find. Breakfast was good. We would strongly consider staying here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean R

Greetings Dean!

Thanks for a great review! We're thrilled to see our service and accommodations were everything you needed to have a relaxing stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I stayed here to avoid a painful commute during a workshop this week, so I wasn't looking for much - a clean room for sleep and a shower. Well, the room was clean and it served it's function, but there were some frustrating misses on service.

At 4am on the third night I woke to loud scraping noises outside. It turns out a construction crew had decided to get an early start on the roof next door. When I called down, the woman at the desk said there was nothing she could do about it other than switch rooms (which wouldn't have helped). Arlington Heights, like most communities, has a noise ordinance and she could have called authorities since I'm sure it impacted all of the guests. I ended up trying to make the best of a bad situation and using the time to get an early start on work and exercise.

I then found out my workshop would be a day shorter, so checked out the evening before my scheduled checkout. I knew I would have to pay for the last night anyway, so no issue there. However, the front desk told me they couldn't give me a receipt until the following morning and it would be emailed. She asked for my email again (even though I am an IHG member) which I gave her. The next day, no receipt. I waited one more day just in case systems were slow, etc. but nothing came. Upon calling for a new receipt, the front desk told me they had no email on file - so neither the one I gave them nor the one that I can see myself on my IHG profile. It made me wonder whether their computer even connected to the internet. I'm at a loss how basic service like this is missed by more than one person.

Suffice it to say that while I stay at IHG hotels fairly often when I travel, I won't be staying at this one again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M

Greetings Mark -

First let me thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate every opportunity to welcome feedback from our guests because whether it's positive or negative, we'll have the opportunity to improve.

We sincerely apologize for the noise coming from the building next door. We will certainly investigate timelines of their work and ask them to be courteous to our guests moving forward. I do believe their roof repair has wrapped up. We also need to apologize for trouble getting your receipt. It appears some privacy measures set in place by IHG did not allow us to properly access your email address. Something as simple as a receipt should not be problematic for our guests.

Overall, we hope your experience was enjoyable beyond these concerns. I do believe that we can make this right for you and other guests in the future. We certainly wish we could have made it right before you left our facility. To date, we have not received a below average review. In fact, your review was the first in nearly 14 months of operating. We are embarrassed that our service lacked and we will absolutely meet internally to discuss how we can further improve.

Personally, I'd like to ask not to hesitate to reach out to myself directly if there's anything we can do to ease your mind to choose us again. We're in the business of appreciating our loyal members, and we want to keep up that good reputation.