DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice hotel with good service. The airport shuttle was slow. Had to call a couple of times to ensure it was actually on the way. The restaurant was excellent. Our group ate there almost every meal. The buffet was good but a bit pricy. The thermostat in the room was flaky but we soon figured it out. It seemed to be about nine degrees off.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

When I stayed there, I felt comfortable with excellent service. The only thing I feel uncomfortable is a frequent shuttle between hotel and airport. Without private transportation, I cannot go somewhere to see and walk around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love the Hilton Hotels as they have newly washed comforters in the rooms. This hotel was comfy and clean. I was there on business and the seminar room was nice as was the food served. Parking was also convenient and the hotel is located near other restaurants and shopping. If hotel staff was friendlier this would have rated excellent.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room was clean, well furnished, and met my needs. The staff were cordial and helpful. The buffet breakfast seemed a little high priced but was a quick way to get a morning meal. Renovations were happening in some areas but did not in any interrupt my stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went to the hotel for an overnight with the family. It's located close to a retail area with lots of shopping, a large mall, movie theater, and the likes. It's also very close to the Busse forest preserve, which is a very large park with lakes for fishing and canoeing, paved paths for rollerblading and walking, and a small elk population. So it's a great area if you're looking for something to do. The train station is also a short drive if you want to head to downtown Chicago.

It's a very nice hotel. It's very clean. Tthe pool area was nice. The rooms were large and well decorated, with a 5 cubic foot (approx.) refrigerator and a safe plenty big for a laptop. The person working the desk checked us in quickly and was very polite. We had two free breakfasts for our stay, but when the desk clerk saw that we had two kids with us, he gave us two additional free breakfasts for the kids. Like I said, very nice.

I give the hotel 5 stars for everything except sleep quality/rooms and location, which I give it 4 stars for. Even though the hotel is near everything as described above, you are dependent on the hotel's shuttle van or your own car. The hotel is on a very busy street, so you're not really going to want to go walking around (although you could if you wanted), unless you just want to go to the Denny's out front. The air conditioner in our room didn't work, so it was a bit stuffy and we were unable to cool the room below 71-72 degrees. The hot tub was not hot- apparently it had broken. Stuff breaks, we understand, and when we notified the staff of the problems, they said they would fix them. Considering the quality of the hotel, it was probably fixed in no time, but we had left before we could verify.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Food tasted like microwaved plastic... I tried everything on the menu. The room was nice and tidy. I would have liked to know about ongoing construction/renovation, though. The noise was pretty loud but only active during the day. The wifi was flakey and could not download any videos that I wanted to watch. I understand that Hilton considers wifi a "complimentary" service for marketing purposes, but the day a hotel tells me they don't have wifi is the day I don't stay with them. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Hotel is nice and will be better after the renovations. Eat breakfast but go out somewhere else for dinner.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a great stay at Double Tree in Arlington Heights, when the TV/Cable was not working they change me rooms and when I ask for late checkout it was 30 mins. I wish I was an hour..but other than that I had an amazing experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo