“Arlington Heights Doubletree Review”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oconomowoc, United States
“Arlington Heights Doubletree Review”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I felt the staff service should have been better. It took 25 minutes from the time I informed the staff I was ready for my restaurant bill until I received it, check-in was delayed due to the number of guests at the same time when only one person was checking people in and I had to inform the front desk twice about an issue with the TV remote until it was resolved 8 hours later.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arlington Heights, IL, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I prepaid a room for the bridesmaids in a wedding party requesting the room be adjoining and a part of the wedding block. I called back at the location since I was only allowed to prepay at a national location to confirm the adjoining room and that it be a credit towards the bride and grooms block. I was told since I prepaid they could do nothing to change my reservation or assure anything. I called to speak to the manager 3 or 4 times and was ALWAYS told she was on the phone or unavailble. I left a message and she refused to call me back. Very dissatisfied with the customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Teresa L
CHIARDTAH, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I would like to apologize for any confusion that you might have had with your pre-paid reservations and with your adjoining room request and I apologize that your calls were not returned. Please call or email me so I can look into your issues further.

Please note, the hotel can not change any reservation made by a third party or that was made as an advance purchase reservation per the booking terms that are listed at the time of the reservation. A pre-paid reservation has a separate booking code that can not be changed on property and can not be placed into a room block. Also, due to potential unexpected extensions in departure dates by other guests, we do accept requests for adjoining rooms, but we do not guarantee them until arrival.

John Rohrbach
Director of Sales and Marketing
847-427-4240
jrohrbach@doubletreeah.com
Detroit, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was required for business training. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely accommodating with my gluten allergy. The food was delicious. The only (slight) issue I had was with the noise of the air conditioner waking me during the night but that could just be because I'm not used to traveling.

bergamo, Italy
Reviewed 16 June 2014

i was in business travel from EU for couple of days to Chicago area hotel' location was very close to my business plant restaurant was ok and also the breakfast very good i would recommend the hotel to anyone should spend couple of days for business

Big Rapids, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Any traveling that we do in the future we will always check to see if there is DoubleTree by Hilton as this was our second time to stay with them. The rooms, beds and other accomodations are outstanding as is the price of the room. Am already looking forward to being able to spend another time there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Everyone was polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. Good stay. Nice room. I was part of a room block and everyone was accommodated nicely. I heard other good things from other guests. I would stay here again. The parking lot was a little beat up but expected after a bad winter in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

IOWA
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed Sunday through Tuesday. The hotel is clean. Rooms are loud. The hallways are long. If you are opposite of the elevator you are walking a ways. Went to hotel bar for dinner and the bar tender barely said two words to me. I ordered fish tacos they were ok. Not a lot of flavor. Room was clean. Good value for your money but I you are looking for upscale stay somewhere else. Overall would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business