“Good rest for low money”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for a week while attending a family function. Rented 5 rooms.
Property and rooms are on the older side. But all was clean. No coffee makers, no dryers, no cups, no iron in the room. Front desk has all of that. Hotel is surrounded by high price lodging. I have no bad comments. It was clean, comfortable, convenient. It was not the Hilton, but I didn't pay for it, either.
The team in the office was so much fun. We came in late at night, Isaias unloaded our car, and brought us ice. Very sweet.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BobbyGrump
Red_Roof_OHare, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay and how much you appreciated the service given by Isaias. Hope you had a chance to use our free Wi-Fi and maybe try one of our new Premium Rooms. Please visit us again when you are returning to Columbus, OH. We love to see repeat guests.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am letting everyone know that if you want to find a great place to stay while in the Chicago area this is the place to go to!!!! The rates are great. The rooms are nice and comfortable. Flat screen tv's ,nice comfortable beds, plenty of room and very clean. The staff is very friendly. The management Maruro/ Amber have been very helpful and go out the way to make your stay wonderful!!!! In fact the whole team here is great. The cleaning staff and maintenance personnel have been terrific. All the staff here is friendly and hard working and make the customers stay a delightful one. Red Roof is lucky to have employees like these working for them!!!!. I will stay here anytime I have the opportunity if I am in the Chicago area.

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant at motel. Restaurants are with in walking distance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Red_Roof_OHare, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I will make sure to share this with the entire staff. We are very happy that your stay was enjoyable. It was a pleasure meeting you. As I mentioned, the next time your in Arlington Heights, we will be 100% renovated and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Talk about putting a damper on a vacation! There were issues from the moment I walked in the door! I booked thru Expedia and had paid with a credit card so I knew the reservation was paid for already but they had No Record of any reservation in my name, so after calls to Expedia they finally faxed the info over to the young woman at the desk (who was very sweet and pleasant, she was trying to be helpful) so we finally get keys and drag our luggage to the 2nd floor (No elevators!) and although the room was clean it was outdated, musty and reeked of cigarette smoke even tho it was supposed to be a Non Smoking room! Burn holes in the blankets and bedspreads and the towels were as rough as sandpaper! The bathroom so tiny if you are claustaphobic there would be no way you could close the door and be in there! Even worse the next day several maids knocked asking if we were checking out and we told them NO we are here for 3 nights.. So we go into Chicago for the day and come back around 11pm to find we are LOCKED OUT of our room! So I drag myself back down the 2 flights of stairs and into the office to be told that the reservation said One Night and They had NOT been paid for Any of the said Reservation thru Expedia. Needless to say I came a tad unglued and told the guy I have the reservation confirmation right in my hand and could pull up my credit card statement to show it had been charged to my account and paid in FULL well before my trip! I also told him that I am Old, Fat, Tired, Have a Bad Knee and was NOT HAPPY at all with the way my reservation had been handled! He then told us he redid the door key and we could go to the room and he would call and sort it out. I left him a copy of the confirmation letter and went to the room to find that the maids had made the beds and taken all of our belongings and stacked them near the door so to find they had handled our belongings while we were out like that only escalated my unhappiness so I called Expedia and gave them a thrashing over the way things had been handled! They did call and get things straightened out and refunded me 20% of the cost but even still it could not Undo all the stress and frustration that put a damper on 2 days of our 3 day vacation! Needless to say I will NOT be staying there on my next trip to Chicago!

Room Tip: Do Yourself a Favor and Book At Any Other Hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback is very important to us as we seek to improve our service to our guests. I must first apologize for all the confusion. As you have noted, the third party company never send us over your reservation, this is why we always recommended to book directly with us for the best rates. We thank you for choosing us and hope you will think of us when next you are in the Chicago land area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

It's almost a misnomer to call this location O'Hare Airport because it is not exactly close to the terminals. The price is the attraction, which is why I'm giving it four out of five. If you need a clean bed, why pay twice elsewhere?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Red_Roof_OHare, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent stay at the Red Roof Inn O'Hare on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to read that we were able to offer you a affordable hotel, but most importantly, I am pleased to read that it was comfy and comfortable...

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the worst experience i've ever had traveling. I called 2 days in advance to ensure I would be able to check in early, was assured by the staff it would not be a problem. Upon my arrival I was told the room was not ready and would not be ready til 3 pm and it was 10 am. After checking in at 3pm the room I was given was not clean and I had to lug my bags back to the front desk for a new key. The second room's outlets near the beds were non-functionable so I had to sit on the chair while charging phone computer etc....Requested an iron on day 1 received it day 3 because they only have 3. Returning to the hotel day 2 after being gone for 8 hours just to find the room unclean....explanation from the front desk "there were a lot of rooms to clean today and she didn't get to you yet " Are you kidding me....did extra rooms appear over night...your staffing issues not my problem! !!! And I won't even mention the undesirables lurking in the parking lot repairing vehicles from morning to night. BUT OTHER THAN THAT A GREAT STAY AT THE RED ROOF INN...UGH.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for submitting a review on your stay at our hotel. I must apologize for not meeting your needs. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. Your comments are taken seriously and we will address each issue with urgency. Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again when next you are in the area.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 May 2014

You will not find a better hotel for your money in ALL of Chicagoland area. (Ive tried.) I am on the road every week for work and after 6 months of trying many budget hotels, I now stay here every time (about 12 days a month). All the rooms have been renovated with pergo floors, flat screen TVs, granite vanity tops, new linens, and even recently blazing fast internet about 10 times faster than any budget hotel I've been to. This hotel is very comparable to most places twice the price with exception of a breakfast room in the lobby and a workout facility. But that, plus a brand name, does not validate such a price increase. Hotel staff is great and is noticeably better than even a year ago. Mauro and Kathy are top notch. If I check in at a strange hour they personal check the rooms before I move in. Many times I receive a checkup call after I move my stuff in to see that all is up to my standards. If I need fax or printing service, they are well accommodating. Close to tons of restaurants, movie theater, O'hare, and even 1 min drive to a nature preserve where you can run on trails and see live elk!

Room Tip: Superior King rooms have microwave and fridge, plus a nice island desk for just a minor price increa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your comments on your stay here at the Red Roof inn O'Hare. Your comments on the service of our staff is very much appreciated. We love to serve. Glad you our newly renovated hotel and service encouraged you to visit us again. We look forward to hosting you on your trips to Chicago.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have been living here now for 3 years since we lost our apartment. The staff here at this location is superior. They treat you like family, and the upgrades they have done are wonderful. New tv's, flooring, laundry facilities on site, and better housekeeping make this very enjoyable. Mauro is the nicest guy you could ever ask for. His customer service outshines everybody. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for an enjoyable experience. Even bring your dog, because they are welcome also. It will be very sad when we leave, but happy for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn O'Hare Staff we thank you for choosing this hotel and for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor.
Our main purpose is to offer a memorable service and great stay to each of our client, we are happy to learn when we achieve it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington Heights
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Arlington Heights
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!