“Wonderful service”

Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Isaias provided the best customer service I've ever experienced. He exceeded my expectations and went out of his way to accommodate to my needs. He even made sure that my boyfriend and I knew about special deals around the area. He worked with diligence, efficiency, and an exuberant attitude rarely witnessed in the hotel industry. I have been to countless hotels around the Chicago area and the service here is unmatched. World class service. Very pleased with my purchase. The hotel is also about fifteen minutes away from O'Hare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Red_Roof_OHare, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. We're so happy you found yourself at home in our rooms, and enjoyed not only the hotel but also isaias great customer service, Also all of the wonderful places to see and visit in our neighborhood. We hope you return some day!

Red Roof Inn O'Hare

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Isaias, the front desk clerk who takes care of the reservations, is superb. I have never experienced such wonderful customer service. He was extremely helpful in every facet of the word and went above and beyond for my girlfriend and I. I would highly recommend booking a room at the hotel simply because I was so blown away by the care I was given. The room is clean and is near O'Hare, which served my purposes perfectly. Thanks Isaias! You're a life saver!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to the Red Roof Inn O'Hare and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met by Isaias. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Arlington Heights. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Until then, we wish you many more safe travels.

Red Roof Inn O'Hare

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I checked into the hotel. The front desk clerk was pleasant but failed to give me my water bottles as a Redicard member should get. When we got into the room, I noticed it did not have extra pillows as we requested nor the refrigerator we were supposed to have. I tried calling the front desk but there was no answer, so I walked back to the office to talk to the front desk lady. She was helping someone else, and as I was waiting my turn, my husband called me cell phone and said that we could not stay in that room because the bathroom was full of ants. When it was my turn, I told the desk agent the situation, and she said she could put us in another room. When she showed it to me, there was also no refrigerator. I called my husband to see if he wanted to come and look at this other room, and he declined. He said he did not want to stay because he did not trust the cleanliness of the hotel. I told the desk agent and she courteously canceled our reservation without any charge. When I got to the room to move our belongings out, I looked in the bathroom and was expecting to see a dozen ants or something. Instead I saw the caulk along the outside of the tub was brown, the entire length of the tube being covered with ants several ants deep. There were also random ants wandering around the bathroom floor. It was the most disgusting thing I could imagine! I would never stay at this hotel !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Red_Roof_OHare, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Your survey review was quite alarming. We take your observations very seriously as it is imperative that from the moment you’re greeted by our staff members to the moment you check out at the front desk you are met by amiable, welcoming, and proactive members of our staff. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about any obstacles you faced during your stay at Red Roof Inn Arlington Heights . Please email me your contact email/phone, and the best time to reach out and I will do so at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.

Assistant General Manager, Red Roof Inn Arlington Heights
847 228 6650 Ext 401

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. First of all, is very far from O'hare and Chicago. room are outdated, very poor maintenance, garbage was piling around our room, condoms found outside our room. i asked for a non smoking at the time of my reservation, when i got to the hotel, a smelly room, was given, it smell really bad, your clothes pick up the smell from smoke. People fighting and police being called. there is no quality sleep at this hotel. also you don't feel safe at this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank argelisblanco .

Thank you for taking the time to make our team aware of the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your experiences are not typical for our hotel.
I have shared your comments with the entire management team so that we may look further into the concerns you had while at our property.
Please allow me the opportunity to personally speak to you to apologize and discuss what we can do to make things right and not lose you as one of your loyal guests. I can be contacted at i0102@redroof.com, or alternatively, my direct number is (847) 228-6650.EXT 401

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just wanted to say that the staff here is really helpful and nice, especially Mauro. He was awesome.The hotel isn't very far from the location we are going to, and there are various restaurants in the area that are in walking distance. If you want to stay for a few nights for a decent price then I'd say come here.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for providing us with your detailed comments about your recent stay. It brings great joy to learn that i was able to help make your stay not just comfortable, but memorable. Our team will always be here to help you create more wonderful memories in Arlington Heights. We hope to see you again soon.

Mauro V.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Checkin was quick, but no offer of a bottle of water was made even though I am a redicard member. Room was spacious, but one light bulb was burned out and safe was locked. I called in the safe, no one ever showed up to unlock it, the light bulb was never fixed. Large flat screen TV, but picture was not that clear with 25 channels. Large refrigerator freezer and small microwave. Internet was very good and there was a large work desk with extra outlets and a light. Large counter area outside of bathroom, but the bathroom itself was very small. A/C worked great, or you can open your door for fresh air. The property is well maintained, they were power washing all the walkways on my first day. The parking lot is clean, but there is one area where there is a big dip for a sewer grate. Windows do not open, but were very clean and they seal out almost all noise (virtually no aircraft noise due to new runway configuration at O'Hare) There is a car wash next door which can get noisy and a Denny’s across the street with a discount if you show your room key to them. Large Mejier grocery store nearby, and lots of restaurants within a few miles. It’s a 10 mile 20-30 minute drive to the Cumberland blue line station if you are going into the city, and about the same to O’Hare. One day I came back and had no towels, I found the lady who cleaned my room and she apologized profusely and gave me some towels. Overall my stay went very well; it is quiet location with stores nearby with easy access to the tollway and local roads. I paid $45 plus 11% tax, a bargain for Chicago Hint: Make your reservation early (2-3 months) to get the best rates. They raise them as you get closer to your arrival date. If you want to stay in the quiet suburbs of Arlington Heights, this motel is a good choice, just understand that it is in the far suburbs and at least 30 minutes to O’Hare or the blue line.

Room Tip: Make reservation early for best rates (2-3 months). Rates go up as you get closer to arrival date.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel. I am thrilled to know that we were able to meet your expectations! I would like to thank you for pointing out the quality of our staff, our prime location, services and facilities. I will make sure to pass along your comment to my colleagues.

On behalf of the whole Red Roof Inn O'Hare team, thank you so much for staying with us, writing this lovely review, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great service, express check in, no problem with late check out.
Kathy answered all my questions and helped with shuttle to the airport.
Near airport location.
If you are looking for one night stay for reasonable amount of money and you appreciate great service- this is place for you.

Room Tip: Just ask Kathy!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for describing every aspect of your hotel stay so positively. It is good to know we were able to deliver you a memorable experience. Our main goal is to provide this level of service to each and every one of our guests. We hope to welcome you again in the near future so once again you can experience our Red Roof Inn Service. See you soon!