“Craving FRESH”

Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family visits probably once or twice a month. I love the 45 feet of salad options and unusual soups! My children (4 and 7) like picking out veggies and eat them before plowing into the endless mac-n-cheese. My husband loves the chili and blueberry muffins.

It gets 4 stars because of a serious lack of reliable PROTEIN. There are hard-boiled eggs on the salad line and decent pieces of chicken in the Chicken Noodle Soup, but otherwise this is a very carb-heavy menu.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

It's a buffet, but it's not the old style grandma's table type buffet. The opening line forces you through the enormous salad buffet. You can load up on most every conceivable green and salad topping, potato and pasta salads, etc. That's where I like to put my emphasis.

But there are changing specials, and five daily soups. There is pizza, pasta dishes, and various main courses. The dessert bar won't leave you wanting either. There are cakes, pies and loads of ice cream, with lots to sprinkle too.

It's all you can drink soft drinks and coffee, just like any buffet.

The atmosphere is upbeat, clean, and welcoming. The colors are modern. Seating comfortable.

I would've given a five star, except it seems you can only visit the salad bar once (you pay at the end of the salad bar), and the main course meals and soups seem a little bland tasting (meaning less expensive ingredients).

The price for the buffet is outstanding.

Still, if you want a great place to fill up, at a really great price, this is a place to go! A great place to have a birthday party for kids too. Adult & kid pleasing foods.

1  Thank Solarain
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The salads are very good, lots of choices and some special ones. Love the Tarragon Tuna.
The soups are good too. The chicken noodle is delicious, lots of nice big chunks of chicken and good noodles.good bread selection with a couple of pasta dishes and even some pizza! (That left something to be desired but it isn't a pizza place, so OK) the dessert bar has some good choices also along with soft serve ice cream. Altogether it has something for everyone. I feel that you can select some healthy as well as tasty foods.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I absolutely love Sweet Tomatoes. All the fresh fixings for a salad. Eight different soups, plus fresh baked breads and the best blueberry muffins around! If you plan to eat here frequently, make sure you sign up for the veg club. Send out lots of coupons for great deals, like BOGO.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Sweet Tomatoes is a nice place if you are looking for a bit lighter fare. It is set up like a buffet, so you get your own food. It includes a salad bar with TONS of toppings, a soup bar with TONS of variety and many bread and pasta choices as well ... as well as many drink options. I really like getting a baked potato and putting my toppings on it. There are a few dessert options, too, and you WILL NOT leave hungry, unless you just choose to do so! Drinks are extra, and if you don't have a coupon (which are often in the newspaper coupon circulars), it can be about $11 or $12 per person. I'd stop short of calling this a healthy option, but you CAN make it healthy. I feel they have a lot of sodium in their dishes, and most soups are famous for that, anyway. At least you have the choice for yourself to have a healthy meal. It can be hard to find a healthy buffet place, so I give them credit for that. They do come by and take your plates, so I leave a small tip. Also, sometimes they have themes. I know one time I was there the theme was "lemon" so they had a lot of lemon-inspired items on the buffet. I like lemon so that was great to me! I think one other time I was there it was Italian. It can get busy, but it's hard to tell when the busy times were. I was there on a LATE Saturday afternoon last time and there were really no open tables and the place was HUGE. Fortunately, people tend to move along pretty quickly so everyone seemed to get a seat. I have been to Sweet Tomatoes a few times and will go back again when I am in the area.