“Comfy beds” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
gainesville,ga
“Comfy beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Good comfy beds. If up in that area again, we will stay here. Our room had full size fridge, microwave and small oven/stove so this is great if you are staying a few nights to save some money on food.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rick p
dvanadia, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Aurora. We strive to have the most comfortable and friendly hotel in our area. We look forward to seeing you in the furture. If you have questions please feel free to contacts us any time. Again, thank you for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milford, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just returned from 4 night stay. Very clean, spacious, queen suite, full kitchen. Enough supplies in cabinets to make all my meals with food I brought or purchased at nearby grocery. There is a very close I-Hop, and many places to eat within a short distance. Complimentary laundry. 5 minutes off I-88, yet the motel itself is quite isolated. Easy to take peaceful morning walks. Upon arrival, did not get the usual warm welcome I expect as a Priority Club member, and one clerk seemed more interested in what was on lobby tv, than in helping guests. All other staff were quite helpful with looking up restaurants and parks, and printing out directions. I am a repeat visitor to the Fox Valley area, and will definitely stay here again if the price is reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GoldieK
dvanadia, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to make all our guests comfortable and at home. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you in the future!!
Dia Vanadia
Candlewood Suites Aurora
El Paso, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The good news is that everyone I talked with from the hotel was friendly. The bad news is that I bought my own cleaning supplies to clean my room. There was some kind of congealed sauce dried on the desktop. I would not have felt comfortable putting anything in the microwave and actually eating it until after I cleaned it, and there was a strange sound coming from inside the wall of my room. I don't want to think about what that might have been. The sign next to my door said that my room was "scheduled for cleaning" on Tuesdays. I was there on a Thursday and Friday. That meant that if I wanted the bed made, I was making it myself, if I wanted clean towels, I could either wash them myself or go down to the desk and exchange my dirty towels for fresh ones.
Truth be told, if the room had not been prepaid by my employer I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. Although the room was nice in size, with a refrigerator, microwave, desk, two queen size beds, and a lounge chair, nothing makes up for an unclean room and a loud altercation in the hallway during the night which was easy to hear because i could actually see light from the hallway under the door in my room due to the gap between the door and the carpeting.
I was surprised and disappointed as other reviews made this place look like a good bet, but i have to agree with the others who in our group who stayed here and definitely would not return .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cabdg
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Cabdg,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience with our friendly staff. I am deeply sorry you found your room accommodations less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Davenport, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I took my girls to the Chicago area to enjoy the Mag. Mile and visit the Premium Outlet Mall. I had noticed on the outlet website that staying at this hotel would get a $50 gift card to spend at the outlet mall. When I called Candlewood to confirm this "perk," I was told that this was in fact something that they offered, so I booked a room. The online price for a suite was $75. and they confirmed this, so I booked the room. When I arrived that weekend, I was told that they no longer honored that deal. I spoke to the manager, John, who was a complete [--]. He was very arrogant and unaccommodating. He didn't care what I was told on the phone and in fact, called me a liar, telling me that he did not believe I was told anything about receiving a $50 gift card. He told me that he did have $50 gift cards for the outlet malls, and he would be happy to give me one, if I paid $135 a night (2) for my room. I asked him, "So, lets do the math....you are willing to "give" me a $50 gift card, if I spend and additional $60 a night?" he sneered at me and in a very condescending tone answered, "That's right!" My daughters and I checked out of the hotel and spent the $75 we saved by not staying at this hotel at the outlet mall and went home early.

The rooms were ok. Clean, but small and definately not worth more than $75 a night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Bobbi W,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service (or quality) which was unacceptable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for fours nights while in town to visit family. What a great little find!! Very very clean and staff can not be more accommodating. Room was BIG with everything you could possibly need from dishes to coffee and even a laundry basket for the FREE laundry facility. I would recommend this hotel for everyone going into the aurora area. You cant rent or buy for these rates!!

Room Tip: Onebedroom suites are small apartments!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Just got back from Chicago area yesterday and my Mom, myself and my 21 month old stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family. It was wonderful. We did have a 1 bedroom suite, which would only have been better if it was a King, but no complaints otherwise. It was clean, the staff was great, had a full kitchen (with extras like a pot, serving utensils, coffee condiments, etc.) I asked for a pack 'n' play to be provided and it was set up in the room when we arrived. It looked brand new, to my relief. They have one computer with a printer for boarding passes and the like in the lobby as well. I brought a DVD for my son hoping they'd have a player and they sure did. I saw a decent gym and should have used it! They also had laundry on site. There's a walking path around a pond on the backside of the property we did take advantage of (beautiful weather!) Oh, only one thing. . . I don't think we got any maid service the entire time. Obviously we aren't dirty people or this would have been a big issue!

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom is great if traveling with babies or for a little privacy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LAtravelgirl_22
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

They did not have the room we had reserved for our family on the day we arrived, and put us instead in single-bed smaller room with an air mattress (which was also against the fire code), promising us a "better than reserved" room the following day, to "make up" for our trouble.

But the next day, there came Lord Rodney Robinson, their Sales Director, who told us that we could NOT have the room that we were promised, as we were "not paying enough"...and of course, we were free to leave if we chose to do so. If you must stay there, talk to Chris, the GM and NOT to Rodney Robinson, who thinks he owns the hotel, even though he only a meager employee there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank rambmohan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/Aurora

Been to Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!