“Well-planned Trip-Loads of Fun!”

SciTech Hands On Museum
Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 200 interactive Science and Technology exhibits. 30,000sq feet of exciting science fun in an historic post office building in downtown Aurora. Two story TORNADO that you can stand inside of. Real life Storm Chasing Truck. Hot Air Balloon Simulator, Shadow Wall: Watch your shadow get trapped on the wall! Kane County Cougars Radar Baseball Throw: Measure the speed of your pitch! Virtual Topography Sand Box: Build a mountain and watch a lake form! Google Liquid Sky: 3D global journey. June 2014: Nano-Vation Labs (for ages 6 and under) June - August: Outdoor Science Park, Field Trips, Birthday Parties, Scout Events, Overnights, and so much more! Discovery Shop: One-Of-A-Kind STEM gifts for your budding SCIENTIST !! SciTech STEM Discovery Academy: Preschool and Kindergarten
North Aurora, Illinois, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Well-planned Trip-Loads of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We recently attended SciTech as part of a walking fieldtrip. Our school is close enough that we can walk downtown. We took 220 seventh graders to SciTech for 2 hours. The staff was amazing-they set up groups for us so each group rotated to different places within the museum. Each group had a guide and the kids enjoyed every minute of it! I was worried that they would get bored but there are so many activities, they all had something to do. One of our stations was a science demo and the staff mixes in science with some magic and lots of humor! I'm very excited to see all the great things going on at SciTech! We even used the cafeteria so the kids could take a short break and have a snack-teenagers are always hungry! We will visit again!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Brenda D

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Birthday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had our son's birthday there. The party was fine but the staff of the museum did not seem to understand kids do not drive themselves to birthday parties especially when they are 8. They wanted to charge us for any parent who came to pick up their kid. There were fathers who were texting in the lobby bored to death watiing for the the party to end so they could go home and the museum lady wanted me to pay for their entry ticket because - gosh -one touched an exhibit on the way in while waiting for his kid to get in because they were late and they were not allowed to join the presentation downstairs.

Very unpleasant to negotiate with the museum lady at the party trying to make her understand parents could care less about their exhibits and were there to pick up their kid. The museum is in the middle of nowhere in Aurora and it is hard for parents to find errands to run there so they might stick around and double your party cost - beware. We ended up paying for 6 more people we had not planned to pay for.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank ll p
SciTech2013, Director of Sales at SciTech Hands On Museum, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the Birthday Party you booked here in August 2013. I am the new Director of Operations and while I was not on staff at the time this happened, I would love to try and resolve this in anyway that I can. Since I began working here my focus has been guest satisfaction and while occasionally there may be misunderstandings, my goal is for every visitor to leave happy. Please feel free to contact me at (630) 859-3434 ext 214 so that I can improve any future experience you may wish to have at SciTech Hands on Museum.
Aurora, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great place for family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

There is always so much to do at the Scitech hands on museum. One will never be bored and it is a great place to bring your family for family fun!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Pam P
North Fort Myers, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Releasing the Inner Child”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

It was nice to let the inner child out to play. It is a great place for kids to have fun and learn at the same time. I have to admit that I learned a few things myself.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Melissa G
Arcola, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun place for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

My sons really enjoyed all the interactive displays. Nice museum! I believe this museum now houses the Chasing 4 Life vehicle.

2 Thank basketsRmine