“Bad experience here”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 13 June 2012

First thing that irritated me is after getting into the hotel late, I wanted to sleep in. I was rudely awakened by the maid busting through my door. I had the latch on, and she managed to force the door open waking me up. I could not believe it, in my 6 years of traveling I have never seen a maid do this. Considering the maid attempted to push the door open 4 or 5 times (at least it was how many time I heard the door hit the latch after I was awakened by the noise), she should have known better. Granted this is probably nitpicking, but the vending machine on my floor (4th floor) did not take dollar bills because it appeared to be broke. I had to go down to the 3rd floor to use that machine instead. Also noticed some holes in the curtain where I could see the beams of light when the sun was up at the right angle. Also the parking lot was covered in feces from some animal, they hosed a lot of it away, but missed some. Normally I would expect more from a Hampton Inn, so I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric P
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to address the issue. I understand the condition of the parking lot was also an area of concern and we want you to know that we have resolved the incident as well.I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Very nice, enjoy the x-tra large rooms and high ceilings and large open common & breakfast area. One of the nicest Hamptons I've visited over my past 17 years as an Hilton Honors member. Indoor pool and fitness center and gift shop with adult beverages makes this place very comfortable when away from home. Love the golf motif throughout and the pictures of golf greats. I wish all Hamptons were this nice or at least incorporate some of the ideas and style of this unique Hampton Suites.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard or any room off the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales

Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Hampton Inn in Aurora is definitely a good choice for anyone traveling along the I-88 and/or for people doing business in the area. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very kind and prepared to suggest nice places around to eat. The rooms are very clean and the A/C system is easily controllable without too much effort. As the hotel is really close to Orchard Rd., the rooms exposed towards that direction might be noisy. An interesting plus: at the desk complimentary butter cookies were available (very much appreciated!). Breakfast included in the price: good selection of food and beverages in a very nice room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We appreciate your business!! It's great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful with your needs. Also, that our location was convenient for you. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This Hampton Inn is located just off of route 88 in Aurora IL just before you hit the stretch of highway heading west towards Des Moines. The next small city you hit is the Quad Cities about 150 miles away. Nice launching point. The hotel is nice, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. The property is well kept and also very clean. While there places to eat keep in mind it is on the edge of town. Just a short drive east and you are in the heart of Naperville where you can find plenty of places to eat and shop. This one will go on my list of places to stay when I need to be in the west in the morning. Hey, it's a Hampton Inn, you really can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

We would like to thank you immensely for taking the time to share Your experience. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you found everything to be comfortable. We're glad we continue to be your choice for lodging in Aurora!"

Thank you again- Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is an excellent choice for travelers passing through the I-88 corridor of Aurora, and also terrific for local residents desiring an overnight get-away from home. The 3 pools (toddler, children/adult and hot tub) are wonderful and a lot of fun for the entire family. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable, and breakfast is deluxe and delicious. The staff is nice and accommodating with special requests, too. I think this is the best hotel in the area for the money!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. The pool is one of our biggest attractions and we are so glad that you and your family it enjoyed it. We always strive for excellance and it sounds like your stay was great. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have stayed at many, many hotels in my many years of traveling and by far this has been the most enjoyable. This hotel was clean and presentable, the staff was beyond accommodating, The friends and family of the bride and groom could not have asked for more. I will definitely use the Hampton Inn and Suites in Aurora whenever I come back to the area! Very Very Nice! And an added plus - the pool - what fun for the children and peace of mind for the parents. 5 stars definitely!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Wow! Thank you so much! We are so glad to hear that your stay was excellent and that everyone enjoyed themselves. We will let the staff know how pleased you were. If you ever need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was here for a meeting nearby. Hotel is quite nice for a Hampton Inn. It's not overly fancy, but it's very clean and the staff was very nice. Pool looks nice and fitness room was nice. I would rate better than average for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our hotel. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again!
Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
#1 of 2 in North Aurora
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Aurora

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora? Share your experiences!