“Business Meeting”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Peoria, Illinois
“Business Meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Hampton Inn Aurora was site of our annual 2 day business meeting. The meeting room was perfect for our group and the service was excellent. I would recommend this location for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
We would like to thank you for booking your meeting with us. We know you have many options and appreciate that you trusted us to help make the meeting successful. We appreciate it! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We spent 3 nights at this clean and comfortable hotel. Rooms and public areas were in good condition and attractive. There were several restaurants to chose from within a mile. Good cookies upon check-in.

Just a few cons:

The flat screen TV had a reception problem causing many annoying screen freeze incidents.

The hot breakfast selection was rather limited (rotating each day between french toast sticks, scrambled eggs with ham, etc.) Would have been nice to have a little more variety, but it was adequate.

Evening nachos with cheese in lobby could have been accompanied by something to drink -- a little wine maybe.

Overall, a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us. We apologize that you experienced some difficulty with your T.V. reception. Unfortunately we are unable to do a bar as it is not within our brand standards. We are however happy to hear that you felt overall you had a good experience with us. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again! Tom Stahl- Director of Sales
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

First thing that irritated me is after getting into the hotel late, I wanted to sleep in. I was rudely awakened by the maid busting through my door. I had the latch on, and she managed to force the door open waking me up. I could not believe it, in my 6 years of traveling I have never seen a maid do this. Considering the maid attempted to push the door open 4 or 5 times (at least it was how many time I heard the door hit the latch after I was awakened by the noise), she should have known better. Granted this is probably nitpicking, but the vending machine on my floor (4th floor) did not take dollar bills because it appeared to be broke. I had to go down to the 3rd floor to use that machine instead. Also noticed some holes in the curtain where I could see the beams of light when the sun was up at the right angle. Also the parking lot was covered in feces from some animal, they hosed a lot of it away, but missed some. Normally I would expect more from a Hampton Inn, so I was very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric P
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to address the issue. I understand the condition of the parking lot was also an area of concern and we want you to know that we have resolved the incident as well.I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Very nice, enjoy the x-tra large rooms and high ceilings and large open common & breakfast area. One of the nicest Hamptons I've visited over my past 17 years as an Hilton Honors member. Indoor pool and fitness center and gift shop with adult beverages makes this place very comfortable when away from home. Love the golf motif throughout and the pictures of golf greats. I wish all Hamptons were this nice or at least incorporate some of the ideas and style of this unique Hampton Suites.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard or any room off the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Hampton Inn in Aurora is definitely a good choice for anyone traveling along the I-88 and/or for people doing business in the area. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very kind and prepared to suggest nice places around to eat. The rooms are very clean and the A/C system is easily controllable without too much effort. As the hotel is really close to Orchard Rd., the rooms exposed towards that direction might be noisy. An interesting plus: at the desk complimentary butter cookies were available (very much appreciated!). Breakfast included in the price: good selection of food and beverages in a very nice room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We appreciate your business!! It's great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful with your needs. Also, that our location was convenient for you. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again!
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This Hampton Inn is located just off of route 88 in Aurora IL just before you hit the stretch of highway heading west towards Des Moines. The next small city you hit is the Quad Cities about 150 miles away. Nice launching point. The hotel is nice, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. The property is well kept and also very clean. While there places to eat keep in mind it is on the edge of town. Just a short drive east and you are in the heart of Naperville where you can find plenty of places to eat and shop. This one will go on my list of places to stay when I need to be in the west in the morning. Hey, it's a Hampton Inn, you really can't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
We would like to thank you immensely for taking the time to share Your experience. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you found everything to be comfortable. We're glad we continue to be your choice for lodging in Aurora!"

Thank you again- Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is an excellent choice for travelers passing through the I-88 corridor of Aurora, and also terrific for local residents desiring an overnight get-away from home. The 3 pools (toddler, children/adult and hot tub) are wonderful and a lot of fun for the entire family. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable, and breakfast is deluxe and delicious. The staff is nice and accommodating with special requests, too. I think this is the best hotel in the area for the money!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. The pool is one of our biggest attractions and we are so glad that you and your family it enjoyed it. We always strive for excellance and it sounds like your stay was great. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora? Share your experiences!