“Locals stay for the FUN little kiddie pool!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Chicago suburbs, IL
“Locals stay for the FUN little kiddie pool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed here the day after Xmas for a little adventure with our 13 mo old son. We only live about 30 minutes from Aurora. This hotel is clean and friendly with all the little extras that Hamptons provide (cookies at check in, hot breakfast, dinner soup).

We booked a 2 room suite. The room was nice with lots of room. There is a little kitchenette, a living area with couch and tv, a seperate bedroom with the bath attached. Only complaint with the room is the absolutely terrible mattress!!!

The one thing that makes this hotel unique is the kiddie pool with water features. Sooo cool for the little guys. Our son loves it!! Nice for the winter time when we all have cabin fever from the Illinois weather. There's a mini slide, water shoots, fountains, buckets that dump water from above and noodles for the kids to use. Depth starts at 6 inches.

This would be a great place to hold an overnight kids birthday. We thought it was worth the money to stay one night because of the pool!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank threepooches
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
We at the Hampton Inn and Suites Aurora IL want to thank you for taking the time to respond!. We always strive for superb hospitality for all our guests. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. We apologize for the dislike for the mattresses we are
looking at getting them replaced soon. We will pass this along to our Staff. We look forward to you returning in the future! Tom Stahl -Director of Sales, Hampton Inn and Suites, Aurora, Illinois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I run a small consulting firm and on occassion we need to conduct video-conferences with clients. As a small firm, we don't have high quality technology for holding these on our own. We feel very fortunate that this Hampton Inn, located right off of Orchard Road, has excellent facilities. We were very satisfied with the quality of the picture and the sound. Best of all, we came across as a large firm with excellent video conferencing capabilities to our clients. Thanks also to Tom, he was very knowledgeable in helping us get set-up and in answering any of our questions. If you are a small firm that has the need for professional video-conferencing, I highly recommend the Hampton in Aurora.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thanks we pride ourselves as being Tech Savvy! We were the first hotel in the western suburbs to provide this service and continue to do so at a reasonable cost as well! Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon. Tom Stahl Director of Sales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Did work in DeKalb, IL this week. Stay loyally at Hamptons or Homewood Suites (if they have vacancy). This was the closest one. I was pleased as always with the rooms, clean, spacious. The temps were extremely low while I was there, not getting above 10 degrees in the day and about -6 (without the wind chill) at night. I was a little surprised that the thermostat was set to 65 when I walked in the room...took a while to get it warmed up.

Breakfast was good (thumbs up on having Hershey's Choc Syrup at the milk station).

Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the front desk. Yum!

I'll definitely stay there again when I come back in April.

The one thing that was a personal disappointment was that the staff clerk did not welcome me as a Hilton Honors member. I know I know, that's kind of frivolous, but unless I absolutely have to, I choose Hilton properties always when I travel, most of the time Hampton Inns. And dangit, I finally made Gold Status this year.

Other than that, it was once again a pleasure to stay at a Hampton, and this one was no different.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cookies and the chocolate for themilk. I apologize that you were not welcomed as Gold Member. I will speak with the staff regarding this. All Hilton Honors members should
be welcomed. We look forward to seeing you in April. If you need any
assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Germantown, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here with my 15 year old daughter for a volleyball tournament weekend. It was a nice location off the highway and 20 minutes from the Great Lakes Center where she played. Our room was a nice size and clean. My only negative was the sheets - they were old and in definite need of an update. I also did not appreciate the fact that when the maid came to refresh our bathroom she took a pillow off the floor and replaced it on my bed where I would rest my head. I had taken the pillow off and placed it under the desk so it's not like she thought it fell off. I doubted the fact that she would have changed the pillow case and wasn't sure which of the 3 pillows it was since she reset them all. I wasn't about to lay my head on a pillow that was on the floor so I slept with a towel over it. Just a bit of a nuisance that could have been avoided had I remembered to put the do not disturb sign out.
The lobby is huge and breakfast was good. Make sure you aren't late though- they start tearing it down exactly on time. Our 2nd night there we were hanging in the lobby watching the football playoffs and my daughter was doing homework when this group of 70+ scrapbookers came in for a pizza party. They were loud and a few were rude and made comments about my daughter taking up a table for homework. Mind you it was a little round table for two and she was working on a laptop. I ignored them and thankfully they found another table to be annoying at. The front desk was very friendly until Sunday checkout but it was very minor and involved a tall, African American woman who appeared to be a manager. I think she just needs a class on how to smile and be friendly! Overall, we would stay here again for the same needs but not on a real vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found our sheets to be old and in needed to be replaced. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

great place to stay, however would not recommend it in the future due to extremely large price increases coming up. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is very nice. Staff is very helpful and courteous, they always say hi when they run into you. Rooms are clean, amenities are nice. The location is excellent, with many restaurants and stores. Too bad they are increasing the prices so much. Also, a 30 day booking policy for groups is not in keeping with industry standards.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. As to your concern with our rates, not unlike airlines, hotel rates fluctuate. Your particular group rate however has stayed the same since 2005. Unfortunately, we could no longer honor this rate. There are not many things any of us can buy in 2013 that costs the same as it did in 2005. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for choosing us for your hotel needs.

Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Fredonia, Ky.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed here last summer for the beer fest. It was our first time to experience the event and stay at this hotel. Like all Hamptons, this one was clean, beautiful and the employees went out of their way to be helpful. The shuttle service was a plus. The breakfast was set up beautiful and tasted fantastic. Everything about this place was 1st class.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms. the beds are SO comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay
and that you found everything to your liking. If you need any future
assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again! Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Calistoga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Spent the weekend in hotel during business trip. Hotel offered everything I was looking for: close to where I needed to be, business center, complimentary breakfast, etc. I've stayed at many Hampton Inns previously and they always offer good value and a good lodging experience. It's close to other services (restaurants, shopping, etc.) so location is good. Rooms are always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing street are quieter.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate you
taking the time to let everyone know about your wonderful experience
with us. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to
contact us. Tom Stahl Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora? Share your experiences!