“not worth the price”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Chicago, United States
“not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I book this room for my daughters wedding, so I was told I needed to book through the hotel as opposed to any other web site. I was charged more then the Hampton Inn web site quoted. I discussed this with the hotel manager with no satisfaction. As it was for my daughters wedding & they had over 20 rooms booked, I was unable to cancel my reservation & forced to pay the extorted rate of almost $40.00 more per night. (2 queen room..$118.00 early booking rate..$139.00 regular rate. I booked 2 months in advance & paid $149.00)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

3 Thank Francine C
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I'm sorry you feel that our hotel was not up to your satisfaction. Our Advanced Purchase Rate is a highly restricted rate and only available with advanced non refundable payment. This is distinctly different than contracting with a Bride. Negotiating an expected rate for a group, including complimentary bridal suites and offering a complimentary shuttle service to and from weddings and receptions. Not to mention additional staff to work late into the night to assist bridal parties back from a night of enjoyment. Advanced Purchase Rates are not available for groups requiring that kid of TLC. Thank you again for your patronage!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and this is a very clean hotel. We checked in at 1am and the clerk, David, was quick and efficient. Before we knew it were on our way upstairs to our suite. The suite was extremely clean and well laid out. It had a closed bedroom and a sink and microwave in the living room area. It also had 2 TVs. Breakfast is included but we didn't eat there. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review! I see that you travel often so you must know good quality when you see it! I am so glad to hear that our staff was very efficient and helpful. I will personally make your comments about David known to him. I hope you come back soon and enjoy your next stay even more than this one! Have a great summer!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business in June, 2013. This was my second time staying here - the first time being in October, 2012. The hotel is conveniently located off the Interstate and there are numerous restaurants close by. I had the opportunity to use the pool and was impressed on all the amenities that were available for kids. There is a separate kids pool to go along with the regular pool and hot tub. The hotel also had numerous toys for use in the pool too.

The one con was that when I stayed here in October, I had a room on one of the upper floors and it seemed more modern. When I stayed this time, I was on the 1st floor and the room seemed like it needed to be upgraded a bit. No big deal really, but I suggest get a room on the upper floors if you can.

I would stay here again the next time I am in town for business.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We enjoy a good mix of business and leisure travelers at our hotel. With our 8000 square foot conference center and our 6000 square foot pool complex, we appeal to both types of travelers. We have gone through a recent $400,000 upgrade to our hotel. Improving our Lodge into a gathering area. (Think Huge Starbucks) and a $20,000 upgrade tour fitness room, making it the finest facility at any Aurora or Naperville hotel. We appreciate your stay and hope to see you again real soon.
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I went to Chicago to visit friends and have a nice, long weekend for our anniversary and our stay here was perfect. The desk staff was pleasant and helpful, breakfast was great and well-stocked, and the wifi was quick and easy. Sadly, we didn't pack our swimming suits because their pool looked awesome! Fountains, slide, volleyball net...all kinds of stuff. Great job, Aurora.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Congrats on the Anniversary! Thank you for sharing it with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Please make it an annual trip and by all means pack your suits next time! Better yet, book our Shopping Package and you can buy a new one at the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall close by, then come enjoy the pool! Have a great summer. It was our pleasure to serve you. See you soon.
Bettendorf, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Very impressed on the clean, comtemporary design, family friendly hotel. We had three families with kids that stop for the night to visit. It could not have been any better with the childrens water pool and the adult pool right next to each other. The kids were super happy and the adults could relax, talk and have fun in the water too! It even had a hot tub. All spectacular...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on your stay. We are happy to hear your time with us was pleasant and that your family enjoyed themselves. We hope to see you and your family again soon. Don't forget us next time you come back to Aurora. Our Pool is even more inviting when it's cold here in Chicago! Thank you again and have a wonderful Summer with your family!
Emory, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

The entire experience from checkin to checkout was clean, efficient and secure. I would certainly recommend the Hampton Aurora Inn to anyone traveling to the area. Pool area was suitable for all ages. Breakfast choices were abundant and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for recommending us to other travelers! We really appreciate the time you've taken to give us such a positive review. Travelers depend on TripAdvisor to make sure they have a great experience. Glad to hear we met your expectations! I will make sure to inform our staff and give them a pat on the back! I see from your reviews you visit Aurora, Illinois regularly. I hope that you will return soon! Thanks again.
Sugar Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

4 story Hampton right off I88 at Orchard. Free, good breakfast. Well appointed furnishing and comfortable beds. Choose from 1 king; 2 queens or a suite (private bedroom with wall and door and sleeper sofa in living room). Adjoining rooms available.

Room Tip: odd numbered room are on back side of hotel and are quieter.