“Love this place!”
Review of Mama's Greek Couzina - CLOSED

Mama's Greek Couzina
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place is seriously amazing! It's like you're eating at your friend's Greek grandparents house. Everything tastes super fresh. We ate dinner there last night and ordered lunch today, it's that good. For dinner we had the Chicken Shish Ke Bob and Chicken Exohiko, with the Baklava for dessert. The Kebobs were seasoned and grilled to perfection. Not to mention super juicy. The grilled vegetables were so crisp and cooked just right. The pilaf came with both dishes and was very good as well. The Chicken Exohiko was so good. I'm so glad another reviewer raved about it. I've never had anything like it. The phyllo was so delicate and crisp while it's contents were juicy and flavorful. What an incredible combination of ingredients. Worth the wait. The Baklava was awesome! For lunch today we ordered the Giro plate and Mama's Greek Salata. The Giro meat was flavorful, lean, and not a bit greasy. Great Tzatziki sauce. The salad was plentiful and FRESH. I ate it for lunch and dinner. Mama's homemade bread taste like bread that you eat in Europe, it's crazy good. I will continue to refer this place to everyone.

1  Thank beachysue23

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have been there 4 times!! Chicken Exohiko was outstanding. Beef Mousaka heaven. Also had baklava and galaktoboureko for dessert. Delish All fresh and homemade.. Right near Priscos...

1  Thank ESF6065
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stopped in here for lunch this past weekend while in Aurora visiting my daughter and was totally smitten. The restaurant is bright and clean with impeccable service . We had the saganaki (fried cheese) which was served flamed along with a basket of freshly baked (on location) bread. I had ordered the spanokapita for entree and Mama herself came out and asked me to reorder as she was not happy how it turned out (too dry she thought). I reordered the dolmades and my daughter had the pastichio; we split both and were delighted. As suggested we had the glaktoboureko for dessert and it was superb!
My thanks to all for a wonderful lunch. Wish I lived there so I could eat more often but I will definitely return on my next visit to Aurora.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

If your looking for the real deal in Greek cooking, look no further. I was at this location a few years back under another name, and the food was outstanding. Fast forward ... The name has changed but it is still the same owner. Her welcome home feeling she gives you is just the start of your experience. I think I have had everything on the menu. You can not go wrong with the Lamb shank or the musacka. It's a win everytime. Large portions on all dishes. You need to hurry, because the owner is heading back to Greece in another year and won't be coming back.

1  Thank 62andout
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Delicious authentic Greek food. Started with saganaki, a nice size portion that was tasty and not too salty,very good. The pastichio was delicious!. Perfectly layered and the flavors blended together wonderfully. The dolmades were tasty and the sauce was creamy. The chicken exohiko was superb, flaky crust with tender chicken baked to perfection. Don't usually have dessert but our waiter suggested the glaktoboureko, this was a very creamy custard between two phyllo sheets with a delicious vanilla flavor and topped with honey syrup, it mellted in your mouth! We will definitely come back again!

2  Thank suz82655