“Lovely, convenient, clean - great!”

Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
“Lovely, convenient, clean - great!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was totally satisfied with this hotel. My kids and I had two suites and they were so clean and well-stocked. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was much better than most hotel breakfasts. There were lots of choices and I appreciated having some hot choices.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oakfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife, my 4 year old daughter and I recently stayed here during the first week of March. The room itself and the breakfast in the morning were both nice. The pool on the other hand was like swimming in Lake Michigan. We called the front desk repeatedly every single day we were there to tell them that the pool was cold and that my daughter could only swim for about 10 minutes before turning blue! The first day they said they would fix it....didn't. After going in the pool area the second day, I noticed the air vents were blowing cold air! This was brought to their attention to which they did correct that, but still a very very cold pool. Finally the third day, a maintenance worker was there in the pool area and explained that they turn off the heater to the pool all night and don't turn it on until the morning. He said it would warm up in about 15-20 minutes.....it did not. Our final day there we went down to the pool area to once again see if they had fixed the problem. And once again, we were not surprised that it was not fixed. We swam for about 15 minutes before both my daughter and I were shivering before getting out. We had wanted to go in the whirlpool to warm up but the water was below the filter and there was dirt, junk and a spider floating around in it!

The girl at the desk when we left was actually very nice, helpful and apologetic. She said that the manager would be in at 2pm (on the 4th when we left) and that they would call us right away. She also said that they wouldn't charge our bill until we spoke to a manger to see what they could do for us for the inconvenience. It is now the 5th at 11am and I have yet to speak to a manager, and they charged our bill for the full amount. Besides the girl at the front desk when we left, there was no apology from any other member of the staff or any attempt to try to convince us to come back again.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel staff to see if the pool is indeed heated/working before making the reservation...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
I can understand your frustration and want to apologize. The issues regarding the pool I have been made aware unfortunately it wasn’t until after your departure. I assure a matter like this was corrected and all staff that worked over that weekend were addressed on what proper procedures should have be taken to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. I know since your review has posted you have spoken with our Assistant General Manager, but if you would like to talk further with myself please feel free to contact me directly at (630) 978-2222

Susan Selim
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at Staybridge Suites on 02/16/12 - 02/17/12. When I got there, no one was at the reception desk and I had to wait a few minutes before someone came. I made my reservations online and requested a smoking room with double beds. They didn't have me in a smoking room and when I told the rep I could show her my reservation she said, "Well that isn't going to make the room magically appear." She gave us a room that didn't have double beds and when I opened the door a man was sitting on the bed. They gave us an occupied room. I went back to the desk and the rude rep was no longer there. The man at the desk gave us a different room. The ice machine in the fridge was broken, one remote control was missing batteries and the other one didn't work. The only good thing about the stay was when I checked out, the manager was there and took 50% off the bill because of the rude hostess.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is not to book a reservation here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you received during your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback good or bad we can’t improve if were not informed. Please know your concerns will not be over looked and since your departure I have addressed your issues with both my managers and staff. If you would like to talk further please feel free to contact me directly.

Susan Selim
630-978-2222
Northern VA
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I don't usually stay in extended stay properties. This was the only hotel open in the area when I stayed. I can't evaluate a long term stay at this property, so I will review for my one night stay.
The room was large and clean. The property is new, maybe a year or two old.
Free wifi, but it is coded and the code changes every night. That's a bit of a pain.
Full kitchen with full size fridge, two burner stove, small oven, microwave.
TV with a DVD player and a small selection of movies you can borrow at the front desk.
Beds slept fine. Water pressure was a bit low for my tastes, however.
I-88 is close by. There are a number of places to eat a short drive away. The best local Aurora restaurants, however, are a bit further away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris1stVA
Michigan
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here for a wedding. The rooms were nice with separate bedrooms. Large breakfast area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time at the wedding. We hope our next trip in the Naperville/Aurora area you stay again with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

good service.....nice clean hotel....exceptional breakfast.....great value
a really good stay

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Naperville,il
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The front desk agent Kristina on the afternoon shift is a pleasant , attractive first impression at the hotel. She was professional and warm and friendly. What a pleasure to be greeted in such a way when traveling and tired. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora

Been to Meridian Park Suites Aurora? Share your experiences!