“Guest services”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have to say Rachel Huerta our front desk clerk added much joy to our stay. Her meet and greet personality was so fun. We were they with Bernina and loved the hotel. The only problem for us was when we got there we were after dinner, then stayed on nights where there was no dinner and we didn't have a car. We prevailed with a nice walk to Red Lobster, the train ride to the city and ordered in. Would definitely stay again and might stop for some goodies before we went to the room. Hope to be back in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I normally stay at the Marriott Brand of properties, but my corporate travel liason booked this, as I was in town on business. The staff/front desk, was VERY polite, friendly, and helpful where they could be. The room and premises seemed very clean, and well taken care of. The breakfast was good, and plentiful. Lots of options, and was actually tasty. However, what turned me off about this place was the bed...pure and simple, probably one of the most uncomfortable beds i have ever laid on. there was no furniture in the bedroom, so it was obvious that previous guests had just sat on the edge of the bed, and it had broken down on both sides......there was no support....i didnt sleep at all, as i couldnt get comfortable on the broken down bed. Other than that, the hotel served its purpose, and I had a pleasant experience. If the bed was suffieciently comfortable, i would recommend this property to anyone, but can only give an average rating until those beds get fixed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Thomas D,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that your comments about the bed has been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My daughter's dance team had a block of rooms reserved at the Staybridge for a weekend competition. Even though the block of rooms was gone when I went to make my reservation, and EVEN THOUGH they told me day after day as I called to check that they were COMPLETELY BOOKED UP for the weekend, I went on Priceline, did one of their Express Deals (where you know the area and the rating but not the exact hotel) and ended up getting a room at the Staybridge. Long story short we ended up with a smoking room that REEKED and they never came and aired it out for us although we asked repeatedly. We also didn't receive ANY maid service in our three day/two night stay although we requested it on check-in. The really awful part was that our garbage disposal leaked all this icky looking smelly stuff under our sink and out onto the floor. I immediately reported it to the front desk, they made a note and said they'd check it, came back after a day of dance, hadn't been fixed, starting to smell. By the time we checked out on Sunday, they STILL had never come to even check it, so we couldn't even use the kitchen sink without it leaking, and it was a rotten smell. I filled out a comment card and gave it to the front desk at check-out and didn't even receive so much as an apology, let alone any offer of how they could possibly make it up to us. All my daughter's expensive dance costumes now reek of smoke being in there 2 1/2 days and I had to wash everything we took with us whether it was worn or not.

Room Tip: If you want a good room -- simply stay at a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Heather W, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

I apologize for your negative experience at the Staybridge Suites Aurora. It was a very busy weekend and the block for the dance group was completely sold out until we received a few cancellations on Saturday May 4, 2013.
You received a smoking room due to booking through Priceline. Priceline does not let you guarantee what hotel you are going to or any specifics regarding the room, i.e. smoking preference. I wish that airing out a room would remove the smoke smell, but it does not. The smell is in the carpeting, drapes, upholstery and even the walls.
As far as the leaking under the sink, maintenance discovered that the garbage disposal needed to be replaced. Had the hotel not been sold out that night you would have been changed to another room. Since maintenance did not have the replacement part it was ordered on Monday. The room is now back in order and I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and your family.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at 630.978.2222.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

The night I arrived they were doing work on one of the elevators. They were using some kind of paint solvent or stripper or varnish of some sort. The smell was horrible. Going up the elevator I literally had to HOLD MY BREATH because of the fumes. Got to my room and fumes continued so I opened my windows. The smell permeated the whole second floor so there was really no point in moving rooms as they were working on the elevator on the first floor. That morning I woke up with a headache from H*ll. Never ever have had that happen to me before. Had to get up and go to meetings and struggle through the day. Went home at lunch to sleep instead of out with co-workers for lunch. Room still smelled. No time to complain. Needed to sleep and get back to work. Opened windows further and turned on vents. Now remember this is March in Illinois. When I got back the room was freezing.. but didnt small any longer. Whatever they were using should never be used around guests. I cant imagine my kids breathing that in. Luckily they were not with me. It is a suite setup so they dont clean room every day. However my coffee was never replenished so had to ask for it twice. Minor thing but we all know how we need our morning coffee and dont want to have to go downstairs to get it when in a hurry. Staff was friendly and the rest of the property was clean. Located in a nice central location. Wrote a note to the hotel about this but didnt hear back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Vicki66,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Staybridge Suites Aurora. I am sorry that you experienced a headache due to the odor from the elevator being refinished. The door had to be refinished due to some inappropriate words being etched into the metal. This type of project is done only when needed. When in the area again you will give the Staybridge Suites another chance.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

A major asset of this Staybridge is its location -- close to shopping, many restaurants, and movie theatres; a quick walk to the train; central to both Aurora and Naperville. The room was clean (although the sofa sagged), the bed and pillows comfy, wifi and cable channels more than adequate. Having a kitchen, including microwave and full size fridge, was a plus; dishwasher is basic and noisy (just don't make the mistake of turning it on at bedtime!). The bathroom sink and smallish closet are separate from the shower and commode (the latter area could use a couple hooks for clothes and a small garbage).

I'd have preferred to give this hotel 3.5 points out of 5 as there were a few issues during our stay. Although we never heard our "neighbors," even with a packed hotel parking lot, we woke up early each morning because of the noise from garbage collection outside and three floors below. Also, the blackout blinds did not completely cover the window, so bright morning sun streamed in through the sides. Lastly, on one morning, the room attendant knocked loudly on our door, even though we had the "do not disturb" magnet prominently placed; when we inquired about this with the front desk, the clerk just shrugged and said that there was a mixup in their computer with our departure date and blamed it on the overnight clerk.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast or early evening reception or other hotel amenities, so no comment on those.

Because of location and cleanliness, we would try this Staybridge again, but would clarify up front that the hotel has our departure date input correctly, and would request a room opposite from the early morning sun and garbage collection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the a.m. garbage truck!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Staybridge Suites. Thank you for letting me know about the positives and what areas need to be looked into. I appreciate your feedback, because with that I am able to improve the hotel and guest experience.
I hope that you chose to stay with us when you're next in the Naperville/Aurora area.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I have stayed with the Staybridge before in a different city and had an average to good experience. However, this time I was disappointed in the set up of my room. The hotel is clean and the staff is great but the room I was stuck in was not very impressive. I had small holes in the walls of my shower along with a very awkward set up of furniture. I also wish there was a restaurant or bar located in the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the lobby area for rooms, you can hear everything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear Lauren S,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am glad you mentioned the cleanliness of the hotel and great staff. We are very proud of our level of cleanliness and service. However, we apologize if you found the condition of the rooms less than satisfactory. I have taken note on your comments and will submit this to the appropriate department for consideration for future upgrades. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Again, we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We (3 adults and 3 small children) had a one bedroom suite with kitchenette (which was nice). Room was nice and clean. We were impressed with the breakfast bar which had several options. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool. The staff is very friendly. The only problems I encountered is that the Wi FI at times did not work or was EXTREMELY SLOW. I really hope they improve their internet connectability.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Simon W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Staybridge Suites Aurora. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you letting me know about the wi-fi issues you had while staying with us and I will certainly look further into this.
I hope that you choose us when in the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Aurora

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville? Share your experiences!