“Business stay 10-15-13”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Mahomet, Illinois, United States
“Business stay 10-15-13”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Particularly the front desk both AM and PM and F&B manager. However, the restaurant/bar area was too busy for the one person serving, and she was also running room service and seemed quite frazzeled. Great location and close to a lot of other things.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ray J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Steve M.,

Its great to hear that Kems Restaurant was busy and I hope we didn’t make you wait too long for your meal. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating. As you can imagine it often proves to be difficult for any business to run smoothly when understaffed. I want you to know that your feedback is very valuable to us and we will use your guest experience to make the necessary changes to better meet your needs and expectations in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Be well,

Ray J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hotel was clean and well kept. Staff was "ok" and did not go out of their way to make your feel welcomed. Printer was not working to print off boarding passes. Hotel had no ATM and would not allow you to write a check for cash.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
rockford, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is one of the finest hotels my family and I have stayed in. The staff immediately responded to any of my requests. Very friendly hotel atmosphere. The beds & Pillows were very comfortable. Rooms were quiet even with the air conditioning running.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello shoefer,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I want to take this moment to thank you for recommending our hotel. We hope that you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Aurora whenever you are in the Chicago land area. Thank you again for helping others change their view.

Kindest regards,

Anderson, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. I was very disappointed in the quality and functionality of the exercise room. the elliptical and recline bike were not working; only the tread mill worked and I needed to wait because another guest was using it. I count on the exercise room when traveling and book only hotels with equipment.

Room Tip: Restaurant was expensive for breakfast and only average in quality.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ray J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hello Mr. Don B,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay with us. Please know that your feedback is very important to us and we will do everything in our power to make sure we use your experience as a training tool to make your stay better next time around. Please feel free to contact me directly should you want to discuss your stay further (630) 806-7400.

Regards,
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

First- there is no sign for the HI when driving west on 80. There is for the Hampton Inn, so follow that sign and drive beyond it and HI will be further down on the right. Easy check in. Ate dinner at the small restaurant inside. Had wonderful homemade chicken noodle soup and a huge Cobb salad. The theme is sports bar oriented. There are small TVs at each booth. Thankfully, you can turn them off...as well as ones not being used around you if you find the noise annoying. The waitress was great and hard working. She tended the bar,and waited/cleared tables. Extra tip for her. Room was fine. Good beds and linens. Ladies, bring shower cap, conditioner and make up mirror. Now the down side- 3 of us had confusion over room charge and rooms. Someone was given my room number and tried to enter my room. Good reason to ALWAYS used the deadbolt. Later learned it was a business colleague given the wrong room. The manager the next day was most gracious and accommodating taking the time to listen and ensure their desire to be customer oriented. And yes, I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It is such a coincidence that you mention signage from the highway and exit. We are currently working with the Illinois Tollway to get our Holiday Inn sign put up. It sounds like you were able to enjoy most of our amenities which is fantastic. I can imagine the confusion with the rooms and charges led to one of your colleagues getting the same room as you, very sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. In a perfect world none of this would happen right? And then we wouldn’t be human. I want to thank you for your kind words and truly hope you will come back again. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Kind regards,
Blaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We checked in late on Thursday night and went straight to our room. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning unit was a little noisey - but that was the only complaint. The hotel is in a great location - right off the highway with many places to eat right across the street. Very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ray J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear johnsonwa3,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a quick shout out. Our entire team here at the Holiday Inn Aurora thrives from positive feedback and feedback for improvement, we consider it a gift. Thank you. We hope your travels will bring you back to the Holiday Inn Aurora soon.

Kind regards,
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly. Corrected my reservation with no problem. Room was clean and new. Internet was fast. Fitness room and pool were very clean. Loads of food places nearby. Breakfast was good and quick. Front desk staff helped me change the date of my reservation and I did not need to cancel my old reservation. Saved me a lot of time.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Ruben,

I am always excited to hear that people enjoy our full cook to order breakfast menu. My team was happy to read your response and glad to know they were able to save you some time. We look forward to seeing again soon.

Best wishes,
Ray J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
#6 of 8 in Aurora
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in North Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville? Share your experiences!