“Okay for business use”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Okay for business use”
Reviewed 14 November 2007

The Comfort Suites are situated in what is not the best part of Aurora, well that is from what I have been told, but it is right next to Walter Paytons Roundhouse and that is where I go each night whenever I stay there. They serve execellent food and a good selection of beers, well it usually keeps me happy. Rooms are plenty big enough and always clean, though if you get a back room you are very close to the railway, and if a light sleeper like me you will get woken quite early in the morning.

Good selection for breakfast, staff very friendly, they always help me out when travelling as a lonesome Brit. Fox Valley Mall is only 15 minutes drive away and has all the shops you could throw a stick at.

• Liked — Proximity to Walter Paytons Roundhouse
  • Disliked — Noise from railway
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Wafto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I liked the location - close to the casino, my client and the Walter Payton Roundhouse. Payton's place was really cool and the food/beer was very good.

The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel met my expectations in terms of a Choice property. It was clean and the rooms were spacious. I also felt safe in the location. I walked around town the first night I was there and did not feel threatened.....the last post about the doors being locked is a standard security protocol that I have seen more often when traveling in the past few years.

One issue with the hotel was the "non-smoking" policy. Sure you can't smoke inside - which is great for me - but the smoking areas are right outside the doors so you need to walk through the smokers and the smoke to get in the hotel. They should be moved off to the side.

The other odd issue was the crickets. Yes, crickets. When I checked in, there was one in the bathroom. I squashed it and moved on it. When I shut the lights off that night, I heard another begin to tweet. He was in the bathroom, but I couldn't find him. So I turned the bathroom light on and he was quiet the rest of the night. The next morning, I saw him in bathroom, sqashed him and moved on - again. On the second night of my stay, I heard more tweeting - I turned the light on again and it stopped. And, that morning I saw him on the floor, squashed him and later checked out - not sure if there were any more cricket family members left....sorry bug lovers, but I needed to take three of them out. As you know, it is summer and these things happen - but that was a first for me in a hotel room that was on the THIRD floor.

• Liked — The location.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank MichiganDave26
Nebraska
Reviewed 7 August 2007

This Comfort Suites Hotel is as nice as most reviewers have indicated. The hotel itself is clean and the staff is friendly. If one needs access to the train station, Walter Payton's Roundhouse or the nearby Casino it's a great location. If you don't need access to those things though, it should be noted that this hotel is in an area that is not the best - as evidenced by the fact that they lock the FRONT doors of the hotel at 7pm. There are newer options at a better price in safer areas not far away and that is why we would choose to stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed July 2007
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2007

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed on the property (7/1/06 and 7/1/07), and we've been very happy both times. Last year we booked a block of rooms for our wedding guests, and since we wound up having over ten rooms we were given use of one of their banquet rooms the next morning to open gifts in (a major convienience) Everyone who stayed there with our party (and there were a lot of us) was pleased with the accomodations and service.

We stayed in the Bridal Suite last year the night of our wedding and found it to be quite beautiful. The jacuzzi is the second room of the suite, which is nice, and the suite is a great size. This year we stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites as part of our anniversary weekend, which has the bed in the second room instead of the jacuzzi. The only real difference between the two rooms is the way the jacuzzi is decorated, as both rooms are beautifully appointed and incredibly comfortable. The pictures on their website are very true to the appearance of the room.

The major plus of the whole is that everything still looks brand new and is kept clean and fresh. The hotel has been smoke-free for a while now, and I definately didn't notice any of the smells others mentioned in their reviews. The locale is also great--Payton's Roundhouse can't be beat for a good dinner!

Lastly--Payton's is possibly the best and most conveinient place to get married in the area, and Comfort Suites Aurora is a great place to have all of your out-of-town guests stay.

• Liked — the jacuzzi suites (and their price)
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed July 2007
1 Thank criotte2
Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2007

What a great place to stay!

From the moment one walks in, it is evident that this is a unique place to stay. The train decor in the lobby correlates with the historical impact Aurora had with the trains that run between Aurora and Chicago. There is also a nice, comfortable, raised area in the lobby for one to sit and read quietly instead of being in the room. The pool is clean. The breakfast includes some hot items instead of just the cold, continental type. The rooms are immaculate. One item that struck me was the professional courtesy shown by the entire staff. They always greet you as they walk by you in the hallways. It is evident from everyone who works there---they have pride in their job everyday. Some other Choice hotels should have their staffs visit to learn how they should deal with the public. Main question---would I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY!

2 Thank ILglen
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 25 March 2007

I travel often and coming to Aurora is one of my favorite spots because of the friendliness of your staff, the cleaniness of the facility and the safe environment. I have been speaking in Aurora for the school districts over the last three years and have recommended your hotel to many others. I really appreciated my last visit when I noticed the hotel had gone smoke-free.

Thank you!

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Diane908
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2007

This is a review of two stays--one in June, 2006 and one in Dec., 2006. Overall, the hotel is good--breakfast decent, rooms are clean. Our stay in June was for a wedding/funeral. Bad combo, I know. The rooms were never cleaned when we wanted them to be, even when we told the desk when we would be gone (at least a 4 hour block). When we came back in Dec., we saw that there was a 4:00 check-in time, which maybe accounts for that.

Our Dec. stay was fine--of course, we didn't ask for anything. Didn't even ask for the room to be cleaned at a particular time. Since both stays were multiple days, our experience probably wouldn't fit most people's.

For our Dec. stay, we booked way in advance but then checked closer to the date and got a much lower rate. So be sure to check that out.

It's hard for us to judge the value here since we grew up in Aurora and just don't think it should be that expensive to stay there!

• Liked — nice room and business center
  • Disliked — the staff, at times
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank kglen1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
#1 of 2 in North Aurora
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!