Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed in the Comfort Suites while in town for a wedding. The room was very clean, bed was super comfortable, breakfast was pretty good as compared to similar offerings at other hotels and the staff were very accommodating. Would happily return if I were in this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from train.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank msmiths
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us! It's so great to hear that you were satisfied with everything we have to offer. I'm especially pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating during your time with us! We stress costumer service in every aspect of our establishment. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area! Have a great summer and thanks for choosing us!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville

Reviewed 21 June 2013

For the last 5+ years we've been attending the Aurora Blues Festival on Father's Day weekend and have always stayed here. It is a nice, well maintained hotel, located very conveniently if you are attending the festival, especially now with the new performance park being right a cross the street. The hotel has a railroad theme, decorated with memorabilia from the golden age of rail travel, which is appropriate given it's proximity to the train station, old round house and railroad tracks. However that does also present one negative to this property - the trains running right past your window if you have a room on the backside of the hotel. Fortunately there is little train traffic at night. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Reserve early, they are full every weekend with weddings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wayne D
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

We are glad to hear you had a great stay at our Comfort Suites in Aurora. Aurora is Illinois' 2nd largest city, rivaled only by Chicago in population. So you could imagine that even though we are in the burbs, we are truly a semi urban hotel. With the urban convenience (like being able to arrive in Chicago in 43 minutes on the express train!) comes some "sounds of the city". Sometimes convenience outweighs some slight inconveniences. We are walking distance to great pubs, entertainment and restaurants, like Bally Doyle Irish Pub, Two Brothers Brewing and Banquets, and the new River Edge Park outdoor performance venue. Not to mention the Hollywood Casino and the Paramount Theater! These provide those "Urban Conveniences" expected at larger city hotels. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you back soon. Thank you again for staying and for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the past 4 years and usually enjoy a very pleasant stay. Most times the staff is very friendly and chats in a welcoming manner. However, this last stay I felt as if I was intruding during check-in. One staff member stood behind the counter and stared! When I checked out the following morning and asked to have the safe fee removed (I had asked for this to be done upon check-in), the front desk clerk "sighed" loudly at me!!
I enjoy staying at this hotel because it is very comfortable, clean and usually very friendly. Hope to be able to write a happier review the next time I travel to Aurora.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side are quieter -- busy train tracks are on back side of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joyce S
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

First off welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that this stay didn't wow you as usual. We will discuss this with staff and certainly make necessary changes if need be. We are remove any and all safe charges at any request and this should not be a chore for our front desk. We are there to serve you and especially appreciate you returning. I would love to make your reservation for your next stay. Please call and ask for me and I will personally make sure everything is as you expect. Thank you again for your continued support of our hotel! See you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My family and i came across this lil beauty while shopping at the areas local premium outlet mall, We came across a very polite, and knowledgable young lady who was willing to help in anyways she could. We slept in very comfy beds and then ate one of the finest continental breakfasts I have ever had. Waffles with strawberrys n whip cream, hashbrowns, sausage and all the goods was awesome. If your in the area for shopping this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank imcoldhere
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We hope that travelers will use TripAdvisor so that "hidden gems" like us can be found. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our new Hot Breakfast! We added new features, like the fresh fruit and whip cream dispenser, to go above and beyond the breakfast that you can find at most Comfort Suites. If there is anything we can do for you to make your next stay an even better experience, please feel free to contact us!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I travel several states and stay in lots of hotels and this is one of my favorites. To start with the staff is always friendly and check in is a breeze. The lobby area is very nice, the rooms are clean and have everything a business traveler needs. Good work space, comfortable beds, fridge and microwave and other features. As a diamond member they usually upgrade my room even though I dont ask for it. On top of all of this the price is very reasonable. I also like the location. If all hotels were like this one traveling for work would be much easier. I always know I will have a good experience here and will not consider other properties in the area. Thanks Comfort Suites Aurora.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DAA67

Thank you for not only being loyal to us, but loyal to Choice Hotels. We do whatever we can for our diamond members. We know how hard it is to be a road warrior. We are glad that you appreciate the extra space our All Suite Property provides. The extra touches like the microwave and fridge keep our guests coming back again and again! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is a lovely hotel. Very clean, pretty, and good location. I was so pleased with our choice UNTIL I checked the bill slipped under our door in the morning. Interesting how something so nice can be soured by a little but significant thing. Added on to my bill and beyond what was confirmed in my reservations was a "In-room Safe and Security" fee of $1.50. I didn't even know there was a safe in the room. Microtel had done this once. Shame that this Comfort Suite has resorted to this "quiet" add-on. At the desk I told the clerk how pleased I was with the hotel AND how soured I was on my good experience by the add-on. "Oh, we can remove that. It's just for those who use the safe." So, unless you are vigilant, you'll get charged $1.50 and not even know it. Is the income for the hotel worth the bitter taste this charge leaves? BEWARE!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KentuckyFlyboy
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. I will inform the GM of the safe fee practice to ensure proper information is given at check in. This could have been avoided. We are very glad it did not sour your stay with us and hope you give us another chance accommodate you again soon.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed over a three-day weekend. Front desk (Lorraine) gave me great info on the phone before I booked, and additional info after. I had questions about driving into downtown Chicago, the train, taxis, times, everything you could imagine. She suggested the $7 two-day train pass for Saturday and Sunday. After we arrived, other people were great, even to the point of walking us out the door and pointing us to the train platform -- which is steps away from the back door. Rooms are quiet -- train must not run overnight. Ate our evening meals next door at the train roundhouse. Great experience! Lovely place and lovely people. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary T T

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed everything about your stay. We will pass along your comments to the staff. We hope to see you again! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again!!

Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
#1 of 2 in North Aurora
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!