“Good place for business travel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Morehead, KY
“Good place for business travel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Large rooms with fridge and sink. Nice beds, desk and computer with printer in lobby. Very adequate breakfast, no need to go elsewhere. Easy access from I-69. Easy access to Indy also. Great place to stay if you are visiting Anderson University.

• Stayed May 2014
Angela W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Steve L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about our property and for your recent stay! Always happy to be there for the AU Folks, and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Until next time, take care and travel safe!

Abbey Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Crown Point
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The staff here is very nice. Our room, an executive suite, was very nice, clean and comfortable. We stayed three nights while visiting our student at Ball State University. The refrigorator and microwave was good sized. The "family room" was spacious with a flat screen and a rather romantic electric fire place. The whirlpool filled easily and ran well.
The only area a concern but not a problem, was the breakfast buffet was only ok. What was offered was fresh and tasted fine. The staff needs to be more attentive when the location is completely booked. Many items ran out and took a little long to be replenished.
The location is roughly 20 minutes from the BSU campus, not to fair if you can't get a room in Muncie.
Overall our stay was very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Wayne B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know about your recent stay! We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again soon. We are currently working with our Breakfast Bar Attendants to ensure that the line stays stocked, hot, and fresh for your next stay. until then, have safe travels and take care!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Only stayed here one night, but the room was nice enough for an extended stay. Easy check in with very pretty, modern lobby. Hubby booked the room, so I'm not sure what it was called, but it had a king bed, a sofa area, and an extremely nice little kitchenette area. The kitchen area had nice cabinetry, a sink, microwave, fridge, and a few basic items such as disposable dishes, can opener, paper towels and a few utensils. The entire room looked updated, clean and was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were roomy and relaxing. Adjustable shower head, curved rod, no problems with water pressure or drainage. I slept very well in the great bed and it was quiet. My only suggestion would be to move the TV from the bedroom section of the room to the wall in front of the sofa - or have two TV's. A very large selection of eateries close by - from pancake houses, to steaks, italian, fast food etc. Would definitely stay again. Oh..I almost forgot - probably should somehow realign the blinds/curtains in that room so they will completely shut/overlap as there is a bright light outside the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jpochard
Angela W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
jpochard,

I am so glad that you stayed with us recently and truly appreciated the time you took to write such a well thought out review! We truly appreciate the feed back about the televisions and curtains and it has been passed on! We look forward to seeing you again!

Wesley Chapel, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in the Anderson, IN area on business for three weeks in September. When I checked in on Sunday there was a minor issue with my room which was quickly taken care of. There were no further issues during my stay. I stayed in a one room king suite which was perfect. A nice sized microwave and fridge. Sufficient counter space and a basically equipped kitchen with a few utensils. Plastic plates and utensils but that was no big deal...no clean up. Large comfortable bed. Furniture and carpet in good shape. HVAC system worked perfectly. Angela the manager is right on top of things. The house keeping staff was excellent. When I returned from work each night the room was in perfect order. If I needed anything extra or something done they were right on it. Breakfast was great and they changed up the hot food items so it was not the same thing every morning. I read on complaint on the HIE website about no coffee available early in the morning. Not sure what that is all about. I came down stairs each morning at 5:30AM and coffee was always ready. With the exception of the hot food items (eggs, sausage/bacon, biscuits & gravy) everything else was usually ready to go before 6:00AM even though breakfast did not officially start until 6:30AM. Did not use pool but it looked nice. Washer and dryer on site. There are numerous dinning options in Anderson (chain and local) so you will not run out of places to eat. There is a Meijer (like a super Walmart) right across the street so you can food shop there if you want to eat in your room or get something to take to work for lunch. They also carry beer, wine and spirits. FYI no alcohol sales in IN on Sunday. If I am in the area again I will be sure to stay at this HIE. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel! I had a room facing the front on the 3rd floor. Traffic on the road o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Angela W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Robert S,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff! We are so happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that all your needs were met.

Until next time, take care and safe travels!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Anderson Indiana
Chattanooga TN
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here for one night Aug. 29, 2013
Checked in absolutely exhausted after traveling for 3 nights due to a family issue.
Very quiet-off interstate nicely, very clean, great property, beds and pillows are wonderful, great breakfast room and food, but the high light of my stay was actually "BRE" at the front desk. She is a breath of fresh air in the hotel industry and if someone isn't paying close attention and praising her and paying her accordingly-you will loose her!!
When we come back through IN we will definitely check into this property.

Room Tip: Can't pick out a bad anything at this Holiday Inn Express.....just book it and don't stay an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Wicket05
Angela W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Wicket05,
THANK YOU!! I hope that we can see you again under happier circumstances, and that it will be sooner rather than later. I am so very grateful for your complement to Bre, she is happy to hear that she was helpful. IF you need anything at all give us a call (765-779-0111) and we will be ready to assist you in any way. Thank you for your time and patronage!

Anderson, Indiana.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am platinum so I get upgraded to a suite. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is always good. They never seem to run out of anything at breakfast. I am definitely a repeat customer. In fact I have been here six days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul N
Paul N.,
Good to hear from you again, we love giving our loyal guests those upgrades! I am so pleased that you took the time to give us feed back. I hope that we can see you again soon and until then, take care!

Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived at check-in time of 3pm. Check-in went very fast and was super easy, I had pre-paid online. I booked a King Executive Suite, got to the room and the front desk called to see if there was anything they could do for us. I'm guessing they did this since they forgot to greet me as a priority club member. Either way, it was very nice of them. I've stayed at this hotel a few times and have always had great success. The rooms are quiet and well appointed. I've already booked another stay for September.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather B.,

I love seeing such kind reviews like yours! I hope that next time you stay with us, you will pop by the desk to say hello! We are always so thankful of the time you take to let us and other folks know about your stay. Take care, and happy travels!