“Convenient location to shopping and the interstate”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Decatur, Indiana
“Convenient location to shopping and the interstate”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here a year ago with a good experience and was back recently. The hotel is nice and everyone quite friendly. The rooms were comfortable and afforded a good night's sleep. The free wifi is always appreciated. The free breakfast, though nothing fancy, is very serviceable and all that I need / want in the morning. I did find it interesting that when the signs say breakfast to 9:30, they mean it. Was sitting eating two mornings (Saturday and Sunday) slightly after 9:30. Late rising guests were arriving past the appointed hour to stop. The kitchen staff was nothing if not punctual. They had no issue excusing themselves in front of guests getting fruit from the fruit basket or rolls from the hot bar and removing same before those guests could take anything. I found this a bit rude and not really conducive to a good lasting impression for those guests. Just glad I got there early. Otherwise, I liked my stay and would still go back. They are not far from a number of restaurants along Highway 9, which is in front of the hotel. They also have shopping within minutes. If you want to gamble, the casino is also about 5 minutes up Highway 9.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
ChiefGuru,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! I am glad to hear that most everything was as you anticipated and hope to make an even better impression the next time you are in the area- especially with breakfast.

Until next time, take care and travel safe!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Anderson, Indiana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed at the property on a few occasions.
First the good..Very nice Beds-Pillows, well appointed rooms,and clean.

The bad..Had to call for Tech support for internet every time I stayed and had to wait an hour for service. Ice machines not on every floor&usually no biggie, but I saw the old floor directions
had Ice/Vending on all floors. The problem was, you good see were the Ice sign had previously been there. Hey, If you going to charge $100 a night..spring for some new ice machines when they break. Do not get a room near the elevator..or you will here the hum of it as it goes up and down throughout your stay.
TV Channels are plentiful but "Helter Skelter" in how they work..weird

Finally..The "Smelly" The second floor reeks of a smell that is awful..not sure what the cause
is but it was there on a couple of stays..avoid the 2nd FLOOR! TILL FIXED!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Angela W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
MRWonderful2013,

I really appreciate your taking the time to provide such helpful feed back in regards to your most recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the bedding in your room. I also wanted to let you know that we are working diligently to address the issues you have brought to light.

I hope that we will be able to host you again in the future when you are in our neck of the woods!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and it was clean, but the hotel was in no way helpful when I needed help. I accidentally left something very dear to me. It was a hand made blanket from my grandmother. It was left on the bed there. We finally got to our destination when I realized that I didn't have it. I frantically called the front desk and asked them if there was a blanket turned in she told me no and I asked her for record of who cleaned my room. She said they don't keep records of who cleans the rooms. Yes, I should have been more alert on my possession's but you think that a hotel chain such as holiday Inn would hire honest people as their staff. In the sense that the stolen blanket has bible verses all over it sewn by my grandmother's hands. ( tho shall not steal)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lagry67
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am deeply concerned about your recent experience and would love to hear from you about this stay. I have sent you a message with my contact information.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel was clean, very close to everything, easy off and on to the interstate. They allowed early check in which was helpful, has an indoor pool, small work out area, was disappointed that there wasn't a refrigerator in the rooms. Booked two rooms, the upstairs corner room was A LOT larger than the room next to it.

Room Tip: Corner room was a lot bigger.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
KentuckyShellyBean,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are looking forward to taking care of you again the next time you stay, and I want to encourage you to look into our suites- all of which do feature a kitchenette in the room. Until next time take care and travel safe!

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and we have enjoyed it every time. On our last visit, we needed a room with a refrigerator in it. (I still don't know why Holiday Inn Express does not make a refrigerator and microwave standard amenities for all of the rooms like other major chain hotels). We are in the Platinum category with the chain and the staff bent over backwards to work on finding us the best room. The hotel was full and, with my husband needed to refrigerate his medicines, this was very important to have the refrigerator. It was obviously important to the staff to accommodate us too...it was wonderful to see genuine concern and effort on their part to help us. They moved reservations around and placed us in the perfect room to fit our needs. Thank you! We will definitely stay at this hotel again and I recommend it highly to anyone traveling in the Anderson, IN area.

Room Tip: The staff here is extremely helpful. Keep in mind that most of the rooms are not equipped with refr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RodeoDriveCA,

Thank you so much for the time you took to write such a great review! We are thrilled to hear that you plan to return next time you are in the area. I know travel can be rough so if you anticipate any needs please let us know and we will do our best to help you out.

Holt, Michigan
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had to make a trip to the area and stayed here. The hotel staff were friendly. Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. Was off the highway about a block and in a quiet area. Were close to stores and gas stations. Would stay here again if came to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kathy S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson! I am glad to know that our location worked for you and that your room was comfortable! I hope to see you again soon, and until then, safe travels!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for two weeks in February. The hotel was clean although there was construction near the front entrance. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and a good selection of TV channels. The continental breakfast was very disappointing. My coworker and I opted to each out for breakfast each morning. Overall the experience was good. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Audit2go,

I appreciate your taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy to announce that the Breakfast Bar Menu has been updated recently to include new items such as Greek yogurt, whole grain English muffins, and a Quaker oatmeal bar! I hop that you will stay again so that we may show off the new set up!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Anderson, Indiana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Hampton Inn Anderson
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Anderson
Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson
Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson? Share your experiences!