“Good Experience Quiet & Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Anderson
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Morehead, KY
“Good Experience Quiet & Comfortable”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great hotel for business stay. Good breakfast And wiry rooms.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Steve L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Indiana
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Though I've passed through Anderson many times, this was my first time staying. I booked this hotel because I've stayed in other Hampton hotels, and always had a pretty good experience. Check-in and check-out were both easy, breezy experiences. Our room was wonderful (we had three of us, staying in town the night before a wedding) - plenty of space, very clean, and in good working condition. I was surprised how quiet the rooms were - I know we weren't the quietest group, but when I was outside the room I couldn't hear a thing. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was also very good - lots of hot, fresh treats (eggs, waffles, and sausage, along with the standard milk, cereal, coffee and pastries).

I wish I could go somewhere between "Very Good" and "Excellent," because the only disappointment I have is so minor. As we were staying in town for a wedding, we were looking for something fun to do. We asked at the front desk, but weren't given a whole lot to go off of, aside from the casino. We found out more information online about things we could have done in the area, but it was late enough in the night at that point that we decided against it. Again, it's a minor thing, but it would have been nice the front desk staff had some more information ready.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Reportress
Reviewed 4 April 2012

First time I ever stayed at a Hampton. The whole place was very nice!!! The front desk was friendly and there wasn't a problem getting checked in... The pool was clean and in good condition. Breakfast was really good as well!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I travel a lot. Usually ChoiceHotels. This is usually out of my price range as my company does not have a discount with Hilton. I am working in New Castle and the 20 minute drive to Anderson for a decent 'corporate chain' hotel and paying in advance in a gamble for a cheap enough room was well worth it.

In about 2 months worth of hotel time this year I would rate this as one of the top ones I have been to. Here is my main checklist:

1. Fridge and microwave
1. HDTV, no tube TV (its not 1990s anymore...)
2. No loud heater (it was warm enough without it on so that counts to me)
3. Nice bed
4. Large bathroom
5. Good breakfast
6. Nice hot tub at a good temperature and nice pool
7. Free cookies during check-in time and maybe by request in the evening
8. 5:30-7:00PM happy hour -- free beer and wine in the lobby
9. Not very noisy, but I am here at a slow time
10. Comfortable computer chair (king room)
11. Chair with foot rest (king room)
12. Decent fitness room
13. Internet speed -- 150kb/s is good. I hate when they cap it at 60kb/s at some hotels (I think all Comfort Suites do this)... you can't even watch a streamed video on the fly.

I RARELY get all of these criteria met I just have to cope with what I get depending on where I am. This hotel did very well. 2 small complaints:
1. Rooms are medium sized
2. Wired ethernet Internet only

Room Tip: Request a top floor room to sleep better. I had a room where the ethernet cord was a little lose...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2011

This Hampton is relatively new (or at least appears that way). Although I thought the rate was a bit high for a highway Hampton, they were cheaper than other Hamptons and hotel chains on the I-69 stretch between Ft. Wayne and Indy. It was a decent stop for a long road trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and have a few thoughts about our stay. We really enjoyed our stay and plan on returning.

Pros:
*VERY friendly staff.
*Great location by the highway
*Located right by a Meijer and a few places to eat out
*Clean
*Roomy
*Nice pool and hot tub
*Located near the casino
*Nice and fresh breakfast spread that changed each day that we were there.
*Coffee, tea, and cookies in the lobby all day. The tea was really nice loose leaf tea of several different styles.
*Wifi all over

Cons:
*The walls and doors are a bit thin, the place is a little loud.
*Located by the casino
*The pool and hot tub are nice, but not huge. The hot tub can seat 6.
*Little bit odd to drive to, but nothing horrible

While we were there we had a very interesting encounter that does NOT reflect on the hotel. Apparently the stars from the reality tv show on TLC known as the 'PAWN STARS' were in the area and staying at our hotel. The celebrities were pretty rude and were only harassing young women in the lobby to try and pick them up (doing a really bad job at it, even insulting some of the other guests). The next morning the men from the show were down eating breakfast talking about their wives back home. Weird encounter.

I included a picture of me and the 'old man' from the show having breakfast down in the lobby. He was polite, and very friendly to fans..the 'Old Man' didn't give anyone any problems that I saw. the rest of the crew we real scum.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank OhioTea
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I and our 4 children were driving to florida. we hade a late start due to a late wedding on friday evening. It was 1:00am we were falling asleep as our children slept in the back, we pulled in to hampton inn in Anderson IN, my husband waited in and stood in line for about 45min. he let an older man go in front of him the front desk worker Richard gave the man a rate of $98.10 and then when my husband got to the desk he said it would be $109.00 he was so rude to my husband did not offer a walk in rate.. when someone was calling he said they can call back he was not a very nice man. My husband even told him he had a wife and 4 children in the can and he would not work with us at all. we did not stay he was just so rude. Thanks a lot Richard

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 16jon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Anderson
Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie

Been to Hampton Inn Anderson? Share your experiences!