“Very Accomodating”

Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 9 January 2014

A nice clean place to stay and a good value for the money! Had a small issue with card reader and could not get into our room. The hotel staff was very quick to help and gave us an upgrade suite for the inconvenience. Will stay here Again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIRAL P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for being our guest and for this wonderful review. We are truly happy that your experience was so positive at our hotel. Thank you as well for recognizing the efforts of our staff, this means so much to us as a team and our guest-centric culture. If we can be of service to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-765-644-4422.

Always at your service,

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Clean sheets but a child must have wiped his nose on the wall. Bathroom not wiped down. So bring your your disinfectant. Otherwise an affordable place to stay. Very courteous front desk gal! If short of cash would consider. Was not a bad place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

It has been many years since I stayed in a Motel 6, and this night reminded me why. The ONLY good thing about the room was that the bed was comfortable. For the price I didn't expect the Ritz, but this was unbelievable. There were NO amenities, not even a clock. The carpet was soooo filthy I didn't want to take off my shoes. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned inside for a month, the shower floor had built up grunge on it, and the plastic bag that was supposed to be used for ice looked like it had been used before. I mentioned to a neighbor, when we got home, that we had stayed in a Motel 6, and she told me this same thing, not even knowing where we had stayed. I guess it must be the same at all of them, not just the one in Anderson, Indiana.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry B
HIRAL P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Reviewed 25 January 2012

My friends and I had some car trouble on the way home from a concert in indianapolis to home which was in Fort Wayne, so it was already a long night. We end up getting our car towed and we stay at Motel 6. Our friend got the room and we went in and went to bed. The pillows were VERY thin so I went to the front desk to get a few more. There were 4 of us, so I was going to get 4 more. It's 1:30 am, mind you, so we all just wanted to go to sleep because most of us had work or class the next morning. So I get there and this nasty lady of an employee just looks at me and doesn't even greet me and when I say we need about 4 more pillows she goes to the back and comes back and tells us she doesn't have any.
First of all, what Hotel service doesn't greet you, and why wouldn't you keep extra pillows at the main desk? Unless I'm the only one that asks for more pillows when I stay in a hotel.
Moving on. So I ask if there can be any delivered if they're somewhere else and she says she's the only one working. So I leave and she doesnt apologize or anything for the inconvenience. So when I get back to the room, I'm over the pillow ordeal. So we start to get to bed and our phone rings. We pick up and it's the front desk and she says she thinks were prank calling rooms. She got "about 7 complaints from people saying room 145 is prank calling them"
Here's the next awesome part. She says that she thinks it's us prank calling these rooms. These phones have no caller ID or anything so i have no clue how someone would pinpoint us. We aren't high schoolers, we're 20 and 21 year olds and completely sober, so it definitely wasnt us. But she says she's going to call the manager and if it's us, then we're getting kicked out. She threatened us like a tacky hillbilly off of no evidence and we payed about $65 for the room. So she has us come to the desk and tells us she's calling the cops to come "check out the phone and see if it's us".
There isn't a way someone can see if we were the ones calling by looking at the phone, and secondly these are prank calls. Not bomb threats, and they're STILL not coming from us. The lady says its going to take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours for this to get over with, and it's already 2 AM and we have to go to the car shop at 730 when they open because we still have an hour and a half of driving left and we still have to work. So these cops come and tell us they can't really do much and told us they thought it was a little out of control that she was even taking this extreme of a measure. When they left we finally went to bed.
When we checked out, we had no apology, no reimbursement, nothing. So we're going to call corporate and get some money back because it's awful that they could get away with this.

This hotel was the worst experience I have ever encountered and I'm outraged by it. Please save your money and go to a place where you can actually get sleep, considering we essentially payed $65 for 3 hours of sleep.

• Stayed: January 2012