“UP TO DATE CASINO, NICE DECOR”
Review of Hoosier Park

Hoosier Park
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Liked everything except the buffet and a couple of their staff was less to be desired. Not much of a selection. We had a coupon for 1/2 price, I would not have paid full price, would not have been worth it

1  Thank yanceykayla
in 11 reviews
"bets"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ive been to the Casino before but I recently made my first trip to the horse track and enjoyed myself a lot more then playing slots mindlessly. If you haven't played the horses before its not as intimidating as it seems. Buy a program for 3 bucks see the odds on the horses and place a simple bet on a horse such as it "placing" in the top 3. You can spend as little as 2 dollars so you won't go broke while your trying to learn the ropes.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

First visit to Hoosier Park on a weekday evening proved to be more crowded than I expected. Along with the patrons, there was also the accompanying secondhand smoke that is typically present in casinos. Hoosier Park did offer a sizeable section of slot machines in a nonsmoking 'wing' of the casino. (A complimentary self-serve Coca-Cola fountain was also available in this section).

2  Thank hfitzger
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Took free shuttle from Hampton Inn. Nice driver. The wall of smoke hits you as you walk in the door. I immediately felt like I couldn't breathe. We thought we'd just stick change in a slot machine but couldn't do it. It only takes cards you get from hospitality desk and maybe bills. The card system was down while we were there.

The racetrack side was less smokey. We had never seen harness racing and it was between races so we left.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We live only a few miles away so we go when we receive the casino cash in the mail/paper. Employees have always been friendly behind the counters but the security act like special ops, no smiles, no hello........ but whatever. Guest relations are not consistent at all, my wife and I always go together and use the same coupons and last time they told her she reached her limit or already used them, I was right beside her with another employee using the same set of coupons... and nothing was said, all on all a good time. Just remember they are there to make a profit.

2  Thank CHite68