“Do not stay here!!”

Add it.
H & K Motel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Avoid this place at all cost!!!!! Seriously, even if you're trying to find the cheapest place in Anderson. My sister stayed here and they made some stuff up about her taking a towel and kept her whole deposit. I stayed there last night and went back to turn the key in this afternoon and the woman working there claimed that there were two people in my room. Some guy was apparently checked into the same room as me or they made it up just to keep my deposit.
I don't normally complain about anything. I'm a college student who grew up in a very poor family. I would sleep on a floor and be happy if the people actually respected me. Don't!!! Just don't go here. It's stupid.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lucymagoosey
Reviewed 27 January 2014

When I made the reservation, I told them that I would be checking in late. I arrived at the hotel approximately at 11:50pm. The lights were out and door locked...no big deal. There was a doorbell that was to be used for service. When I arrived, the temp outside was 2 degrees. I sat outside ringing the door bell at least 7 times within a couple minutes time span. I finally gave up and went back to my car to call their office to inform them that I had arrived. As I was dialing, a woman came from the back room and I noticed her looking out the window. Finally, after entering the office, I noticed that I had obviously woke her up. After I stood there for about 10 seconds (there was no greeting whatsoever from her) she finally said "what?" I informed here I was there to check in and she said "yeah?" Apparently, that was here way of saying "what name is your reservation under?" When she noticed that I was going to pay by credit card, her reply was "I despise credit cards" and just stood there. I then informed her that I can pay in cash if easier, which I did. After taking my cash and giving me a receipt, she started to walk away. She noticed that I was going anywhere, she turned around and said "yeah?" I informed her that I didn't get a room number or key. That was just the beginning. With my job, I've stayed in literally 100's of hotels, some great and some really nasty. As long as the room has a bed and shower, I'm happy. I'm not picky at all. Our room at H&K was by far the worst room I've ever stayed in. The room Obviously was never dusted. We couldn't get one station on the television. The lamps were plugged in but would not come on. The toilet paper was 3/4 used. When I turned the sink on, brown water ran for about three seconds. When I went to take a shower the next morning, there was a huge glob of hair that came off the drain that I swore at first was a mouse. We had a roll away bed (we paid $10 to use) brought in. If you stay here and have to use a roll away bed, you'd be better off sleeping in the tub. You may get more sleep. The comforter on both double beds, were filled with cigarette burns and one had brown marks that I care not to think of what they could've been. If you get a roll away, you better bring a blanket.
All the stuff I mentioned above was stuff that I could overlook. The main problem was the furnace and also a loud thumping noise. With the temps outside at 2 degrees and possibly lower during the night, it was nice to have a working furnace. The only problem is, when running, the furnace made the loudest, awful noise. I finally got aggravated and turned off the furnace, which meant that we would have to endure the cold. After turning it off, a loud knocking noise could be heard coming from behind the wall. I couldn't tell what it was but it sounded like someone driving a nail with a hammer in the next room. It went on all night. I was seriously considering going out to my car to sleep but I didn't bring a sleeping bag. Normally, that type of notice would not bother me and I could sleep right through it (ps..I've traveled on a tour bus for years and my bunk was right over the generator that ran all night).
I've never stayed in a motel/hotel and watched the clock anticipating for the morning to arrive so that I can check out and leave as fast as I can. When I was checking out, there was another customer in the lobby that was arguing with a gentleman working behind the counter. Obviously, I wasn't the only dissatisfied customer.
I know this review is rather lengthy, but it's my experience with H&K motel.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank CBW74
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The photo of the H&K motel that is posted is NOT that of the motel. The picture displayed is of the Tower Bldg. in downtown Anderson. The H&K Motel is located on Broadway in North Anderson, and was the first Holiday Inn built in Anderson. It was built before I-69 was completed many years ago. It has been named a half dozen different names. Stay in one of the motels on the south side of town near I-69. The Hampton, Holiday Inn Express of any of the others are nice.

Room Tip: The H&K Motel is located in N. Anderson on Broadway. If you want a nice motel, stay in one on...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Jack G
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We stayed at H & K motel in the 1 Bedroom "apt". I felt very safe because Kirbi always kept riff raff out and there wasn't any "partying" going on like at other hotels. The staff is nice and very helpful. Very professional. Our stay was so pleasant that I gave Hemma (K's wife) a plant because I noticed she enjoys plants. The owners live on the property and that makes it really nice. We stayed nearly 4 months and we're definitely returning!

R Brinkley