“Unique original family recipes; friendly owners; hot fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wing On Inn

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jamestown, Indiana
“Unique original family recipes; friendly owners; hot fresh food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

As a former Anderson area resident, I "grew up" on Wing On Inn food. I didn't realize how fortunate (or spoiled) I was until I began eating "Chinese" food elsewhere.
On a recent trip to Fort Wayne, I suggested my husband and I stop there for dinner. I was curious if it was still as good as my palate remembered. Wow! Same recipes and same quality, tasty, unique food! We've made the hour+ drive twice since!

This is not one of those places where everything looks or tastes like the stuff at your typical Chinese restaurant or buffet; they even have their own sweet and sour sauce... it's yellow, not red.
* If you think you like egg drop soup, then try Wing On's.... it will ruin you for life against egg drop anywhere else.
* The egg rolls.... large, CRISPY on the outside, fluffy on the inside... not "hard" crispy... cooked to perfection crispy.
* The fried rice is like no other fried rice... again a unique flavor with bean sprouts mixed in to add a nice texture.

Back to the folks who've owned it since it opened... amazing but true, since our first visit two months ago, they have REMEMBERED us and greeted us warmly. On our visit today we got more than one "Good to see you again!"

Like any true original owner small place, don't get hung up on the look of the building. If they put all their money into aesthetics, you wouldn't be getting a Sunday buffet with excellent food and service below the cost of a Big Mac meal. No... I'm not kidding. The prices are outrageously inexpensive; I almost feel guilty eating at that price.

One last note on the buffet... the last two times we visited were on Sundays shortly after they opened for the day. Both times, they brought the food to the buffet once we chose the buffet... it was freshly prepared and didn't look like (nor taste like) yesterday's leftovers.

The menu items are not for the feint of heart... all unique, served in covered dishes to your table. They bring you enough to eat on for two days, so prepare to take some home. Same as the buffet, the prices are outrageously low for such quality and quantity.

If you are ready for a unique Chinese flavor experience, then give the good folks at Wing On Inn a chance. Your Chinese craving will thank you!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank AmmaofMaia

Anderson, IN
“Best in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Wing On Inn has been at its current location and run by the same owners for years. It has the best prices in town and the food is great! Everything is fresh. They have a nice buffet (not as large as some others but a good selection) or you can order off the menu. They also offer carry out with complete combo dinners under $5 (most around $4). Give them a try you won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank gjohnson3344
Anderson, Indiana
“Best Chinese ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We have been going to the Wing On Inn for about 30 some years now and we are always treated like family and the food is wonderful...we love them!

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank Jackmanfan
Tampa, Florida
“Large portions of delicious food for a great price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

The best Chinese food I've ever eaten. I've lived in other areas of the country and traveled extensively, and still have not found any better Chinese food. Every time I'm in Central Indiana, Wing On Inn is an absolute MUST!! You get large portions when you order from the menu. They have a great selection on the buffet and the prices are great! The dinner buffet was less than $8.00!!! I love their home-made sweet-n-sour sauce. Non of that food colored sugary goo, like most places. You can actually taste the pinapple base! This is a family owned business, and the staff is welcoming and friendly.

3 Thank travelusalot
Alexandria, Indiana
“The Best Chinese restaurant in Madison County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

The food is great! The owners and employees are very nice.
The outside of the place is not fancy, but the food is the best in Anderson. It's the only Chinese restaurant I will eat at in the area.

3 Thank catluvr1106