“SAVE YOUR MONEY UNLESS YOU ENJOY DIRTY HOTEL ROOMS!!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Had it not been so late when we got to the room and had my sister and I not been so dead tired I would have slept in my car rather than chance sleeping in the hotel bed with dirty linens. The wash cloths were nasty. My sister took one of the wash cloths to the front dest and asked the clerk if he would wash his face with it. His reply, "It is stained, not dirty!" Now that was comforting. I had to wash the toilet seat before using it. Thank goodness for antibacterial wipes. The pillow cases were stained, the furniture was so dusty you could write your name on it. The shower, you could well tell, had not been cleaned in quite a while. There was dried urine on the toilet base. The mirrors looked as if a dog or two had licked them for a couple of hours.

Upon checkout I gave a list of problems we encountered to the manager. She apologized, telling me that 7 employees had called in that day and some of the rooms were not cleaned. I was so shocked by her attitude I was honest to goodness speechless. She quietly laughed about it, telling me I was about the 4th complaint that morning. She also giggled when I mentioned the dirty wash cloth, sharing with me "they probably gave you a cleaning rag instead of a wash cloth." I looked for the cameras. Seriously. Thought I was being punk'd.

So I went up the ladder to corporate and filed a complaint. Their solution? Give the manager of the Comfort Inn in Anderson, Indiana 72 hours to respond to my complaint. The manager did call. His solution to the problem? A whopping $20.00 refund. WHAT?

There is NO WAY I would ever, ever stay in this hotel again. And you can bet your ta-ta that I will check any Comfort Inn room BEFORE I stay in one again. After reading some of the reviews on this particular hotel it is obvious to me that management is not doing their job. If I were Comfort Inn corporation I certainly would not want my name associated with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has been cleaned that day but most importantly if the linens are clean.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank millerjl1953
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Excellent pool and nice breakfast collection. Very professional staff. indoor pool and spa were unbeatable..Just renovated and property has been nicely updated by ownership. i love their staffs smiley faces and great service. A+++

Room Tip: Best rate on anderson exit.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonny022
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Third stay here. Prices in this town keep going up, which I do not like at all. Pay a lot of money for a very average, no frills room. Hotel was clean with adequate towels.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Assumed Comfort Inn would be clean. Arrived very tired after 13 hours traveling and looked at the bedding - holes in the sheets which were very dingy as were the pillowcases and blanket. Questioned if they had been changed. Complained and looked at 2 more rooms.. 2nd room smelled like the sheets had not been changed. 3rd was just ok. Requested a refrigerator and said they would bring it, but did not. Definitely questioned whether they change sheets daily. Last time there and would have left if it had been earlier.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Room was not clean. Microwave did not work. Very noisy location. Heard outside noise all night. Also the Manager's Reception is a joke. I realize it is free, but there was only some stale potato chips, and some tiny meat balls. Went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express for our next night. One hundred percent better. Will not stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bobkat45
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stopped here on our way to Nashville. Man at the desk was very friendly and nice. But the room was disgusting! Comforter had multiple dirty areas, bottom sheets were too short for the beds and came off during the night. Sheets and pillow cases were stained/yellow. Yuck! Carpet wasn't particularly clean. I can say, the breakfast was pretty nice with the exception of the orange juice was watered down. We will not be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank amblessed
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed here 4 years ago & it was fine, but not this time. Unfortunately this time we could only get "smoking" rooms. I'll NEVER do that again! The stench was overpowering...even after 3 days with the windows open constantly & the door open when possible. The carpets (we had 2 rooms) were filthy, and there were stains (& burns) on the furniture. I did like the bathroom configuration with the sink outside the toilet/tub area. Also, the front desk personnel were fabulous. But we were short toilet paper when we checked in, soon ran out of kleenex, & the cleaning personnel did not replenish the next day. Breakfast is really so-so. We're back to the Hampton or Fairfield next time! (& if they're full, I'll drive to Muncie if I have to in order to avoid this hotel!)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank AUMomX2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Best Western Plus Anderson
Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Muncie

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!