Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center
Comfort Inn(Fremont)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$77
ComfortInn
Quality Inn hotel in Fremont(Fremont)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
US$89
Auburn Inn(Auburn)
US$100
All reviewscraft roomnature centerstate parkhistoric sectionlake jamestoboggan runhistoric roomsfamily reunionolder roomshorseback ridinghot tubpatio roomsfire pitping pongindoor poolcabin suitesdouble bed
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My college-age daughter and I have been coming here since she was little, but had not been back for around five years because the Inn was going downhill and we were disappointed. She really wanted to come back this year for a Mother's Day/my birthday get-away. I noticed the reviews were getting better and apparently things had improved at the Inn. We had such a good time and the Inn is impressing us again. The meals were great, the employees were all very pleasant and welcoming and the Inn is very clean. We had a newer room both overlooking the woods and lake. We enjoyed the sundeck, indoor pool, hot tub, lunch in the pretty courtyard, Nature Center, checkers in the library, my daughter went on a horse trail ride, which she has always loved, and the park was just beautiful with the red bud trees in bloom. A bonus was watching all the prom-goers arrive at the Ballroom on Saturday night. We have seen several weddings while there in years past, too. Of course, the outlet mall nearby was a destination for us as well. We are so happy the Inn has made a comeback and we will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thomas P, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Jill,

We are so happy to have won you back! I would also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you and you family back for years to come!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have been to Pokagon often, and the Inn is always a great place to stay. Beautiful in every season. Library, lounge, and restaurant. Staff members are always excellent, and Ruth Lefever from House Staff was especially helpful and friendly. My wife and I had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Larry,

We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at the Potawatomi Inn. I want you to know that we have shared your kind words with Ruth, she will also be receiving special recognition for her service. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our son introduced us to this Inn recently while attending a baseball game at Trine University...it was AWESOME!. I just could not help thinking...WOW....what a great place for a retreat, for a family reunion, conference, wedding....you name it. It has something to do for everyone!
We went hicking in the morning on their beautiful trails. We enjoyed their delicious meals and relaxed by the wonderful fire. The staff was so friendly and helpful!
We will defiinitely go back to stay at this resort in the future!

Room Tip: Lots to do for the whole family!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Raymond,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to let us know about it. We have many guests who are introduced to us through Trine University. We look forward to your return so you can experience everything 'Indiana's year round playground' has to offer!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had such great memories of Pokagon. I grew up coming here 1 or 2 times each year, usually staying in the cabins. Once I started college it became less frequent, coming only once every other year. Now I have only been here 3 times in the past 10 years as business and life make things more and more busy. The great memories I had of this place are now just memories. Man how things have changed. I keep trying to find reasons to enjoy my stay but we are in the first night of a 2 night stay and I find myself looking forward to heading home. Another trip we had planned this weekend was cancelled due to weather. I was deciding between here an Nashville, Tn. as a replacement destination. Because it was only a weekend trip we came here. The original room we checked into was in the old side. The rooms in the historic side are shoe boxes! The prices had gone up so much since my last stay here we downsized our room and what a mistake! I couldn't deal with the small room so we upgraded, another $40 to the $126 room. It was large enough but NOTHING in it. The beds were garbage, I couldn't sleep. I was in bed at 11 and awake and up at 3 AM after giving up on sleeping. I tried to watch TV but it was so small you can barely see it across the room (here's where I wish I were still in the smaller room). Being dead tired at this point I really wish there were a coffee maker in the room but there is not so I have to go all the way down to the lobby for a 6 oz cup of coffee to carry back to my room but it is almost empty by the time I got to the room. So now I sit here, unable to sleep, bored out of my mind, waiting for SOMETHING to open so I can get a larger cup of coffee and get out of my room. I think I am going to town to buy a coffee maker for the room tonight. I am writing this review to pass time. Oh, and I can't forget to mention having to pay the gate fee to get in even though I paid $126 for a room each night. After you check in you get a gate pass. I was fine with that when I first got here but when everything is so disappointing up to this point, the gate fee suddenly adds to my anger. I've never written such a bad review for a hotel and I travel a fair amount. The park grounds here are fantastic but the lodging is a rip off. For the price some amenities and comfort would be expected (and internet that actually works, I have switched over to my Verizon powered laptop the service is so poor). I can say with certainty I WILL NOT stay here again. Book a room in town and pay the gate fee to visit the park as this place has turned in to a tourist trap! I will say, the young blonde girl at the front desk (never got her name) was very patient and pleasant with us when we wanted to switch rooms. I checked in on May 2, 2014 with my wife for a weekend get away.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in town and visit the park for the nature, not the lodging!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vette96drvr
Thomas P, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me today, I do appreciate it. The only way we can improve is by listening to our guests such as yourself. I look forward to you and your wife returning to the Inn so you can see what we are really about.

As we talked about, we are in the process of making a number of improvements including the internet and beds. We have replaced over 60% of the mattresses in the building out of over 250. And we hope to change our internet service to better meet the needs of today's technology.

Again I thank you for staying with us and for giving us another chance, I look forward to showing you what we are truly capable of.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Potawatomi Inn (located in the Pokagon State Park) & the facility was amazing! The room was immaculate, food delicious, property gorgeous & staff were top notch! If you are passing through on I-80, take a break & stay here... there are two beaches to choose from, one just outside the Inn & one on the other side of the State Park. Also, an indoor pool & hot tub... We had just gone to the outlet malls, approx. 2 miles away, & upon check in I accidentally left a small shopping bag. I called the front desk & they offered to run the package up to me & were there in minutes. We took a four mile hike early in the morning, there are lots of trails, horseback riding, playgrounds for the children & also a Nature Center. It is just a lovely property & you'll love it! In addition, if you want to hold your conference, wedding, family reunion, etc. here, this place would be perfect!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenLynn7
Thomas P, Manager at Potawatomi Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Karen,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the Potawatomi Inn, and thanks for letting us know about it. We will make sure to recognize the efforts of the staff who assisted you doing your stay, that's what we are here for. Thanks again for choosing the Potawatomi Inn!